Investment Analyst – Operations
|Term Duration:||2 years 0 months|
|Recruitment Type:||Local Recruitment|
|Location:||Washington, DC,United States|
|Closing Date:||3/20/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC|
- AECI Graduate Internships 2023
- Alfeco Lab Technician Internships 2023
- Lesedi Nuclear Services ICT Internships 2023
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC has embarked on an ambitious new strategy to stimulate more investment activity by Creating Markets, including in Low Income Countries (LICs) and Fragile and Conflict Situations (FCS). This new strategy requires a shift in our approach to proactively create, deepen, and expand markets and projects rather than waiting for clients to propose projects for IFC to finance. This strategy also relies on upstream work with Governments and World Bank colleagues to enable private sector solutions and financing. We call this approach the “Cascade.” Working with clients, we will first seek private sector solutions to address development challenges, where such solutions are advisable and can be effective, and reserve public financing for projects only when other options are suboptimal.
IFC is seeking to recruit an Investment Analyst to work with the Operations Unit of Business Improvement, Systems, Operational Risk and Change Management (COMOP) team. The Operations Management Department acts as a liaison for all issues relevant to Operations and coordinates with support functions (e.g., Portfolio Management, Strategy, IT, HR, etc.). COMOP acts as a facilitator with the goal of making IFC, and Operations, more efficient and effective. In addition, the unit is tasked to enable better cross-departmental coordination across IFC and the WBG.
Specifically, COMOP focuses on:
• Initiatives to improve the Policies and Procedures (P&P) for Operations to simplify processes and make P&Ps clearer.
• Coordinate and support change management for P&P and IT changes affecting Operations.
• Lead Operation’s risk self-assessment process.
• IT – acting as business lead for IT projects that are relevant for Operations to ensure that they effectively address the needs of Operations and help increase efficiency.
• The system group focuses on:
• Establish a baseline for IT systems supporting IFC Operations
• Lead the demand management for Operations for changes/new operation systems.
• Work with IT to deliver system needed for Operations to run its business.
• Lead the testing of Operational systems.
• Participate in the business analysis, design and testing of such systems.
• Represent Operations in the Procurement of IT systems in support of Operations, as needed.
The selected candidate will be offered a two-year term contract, extendable to a maximum of four years. Upon completion of their contract, Investment Analysts typically leave to pursue a graduate degree or additional work experience.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Specific duties and accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support initiatives to enhance IT systems improving processing efficiency and capturing of investment and advisory information.
• Analyze existing business processes and data to ensure data consistency and identify potential opportunities for improvements.
• Liaise with Operations stakeholders to gather information on business requirements for IT processes.
• Identify opportunities to improve efficiency in Operations by introducing new technologies or tools.
• Work with IT on the implementation of software enhancements or new IT initiatives.
• Support knowledge sharing related to IFC Operations providing input to presentations, developing intranet space, tip sheets, and case studies to provide guidance to teams to encourage the programs’ uptake.
• Perform other analytical work related to IFC Operations.
• Assist with Demand Management prioritization and decision-making process.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.