Under the supervision of the Country Finance & Admin Manager, the Procurement Manager is responsible for the procurement function of the project.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Performs local procurements of goods and services, in coordination with the project’s Operations Manager, following all relevant USAID and Abt Associates policies and procedures, including:
- Define the commodity specifications in coordination with the operations and entomology teams
- Prepare and conduct local tenders.
- Maintain a registry of local and regional vendors.
- Organize the receipt and assessment of quotations, and the selection of preferred bids.
- Develop and maintain a tool to track purchase orders and outstanding vendor payments.
- Quality control and receipt of delivered goods, and the processing of customs clearance and tax waivers, as needed.
Other duties as assigned by Abt Associates Inc.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Management, Administration, or another relevant field.
- At least nine (9) years of relevant professional experience, with significant experience in the procurement of commodities.
- Experience at USAID-funded development programs and thorough knowledge of Federal and AID Acquisition Regulations (FARs and AIDARs) is required.
- Excellent management, supervisory, organizational, computer, and writing skills.
- English language fluency.
Bachelor’s Degree + Nine years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Seven years of relevant experience, or PhD + Four years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top global research firms and one of the international development innovators. The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in more than 40 countries.
At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity is an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of colour (BIPOC), and expanding upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.