Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to share!
Dar Es Salaam , Tanzania | Posted on 12/06/2021
- The chef will be required to manage the kitchen to achieve the highest standard of food production as well as controlling food cost in line with the budget, source ingredients in accordance with the company’s requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner menus for the restaurant.
- Schedule and coordinate the work of cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted costs
- Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times
- Develop standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality to minimize food costs, exercise portion control for all items served, assure excellent decoration of plates and excellent food presentation are done on standard basis.
- Periodically visit dining area when it is open to welcome clients
- To actively seek out customer comments and feedback in respect of the service through face to face contact during service times
- Be visible in the restaurant during service helping and supporting staff as well as communicating with customers
- To work with Management Team to agree actions following customer feedback.
- Promote and maintain good working relationship
- To ensure that the entire kitchen team are aware of their responsibilities in respect of health and safety in the workplace and minimum qualifications and train to work in a environment
- To ensure that the kitchen team comply with the policy on personal hygiene and uniform.
- To participate in training the new employees or trainees whenever needed.
- Attend, contribute and be involved with team and/or staff meetings.
- Be punctual and maintain a professional appearance and adhere to uniform policy. Carry out instructions when given by management and the head office.
- Minimum of 3 years in similar role.
- Lead by example, setting the place and standards
- Be able to work on own initiatives to deal with problems and opportunities
- A flair and passion for food
CLICK HERE TO APPLY