Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to share!
Assistant Lodge Manager
- Manages the staff at the Front Desk. Interviews, trains and schedules the staff.
- Conducts Performance Evaluations and disciplines staff when needed.
- Coordinates arrivals, departures and billing requirements with Sales and F&B departments.
- Blocks rooms for arrivals and ensures any discrepancies are resolved.
- Reviews daily arrivals to ensure proper handling of Special Attention Guests, Return Guests, and Groups.
- Assures that all financial and credit procedures are followed.
- Follows up on credit problems with Front Office Manager and/or Credit Manager.
- Reviews all paid-outs, rebates, Petty Cash disbursements and Direct Billings.
- Checks cashiers’ work at end of shift to ensure all transactions are reconciled with proper approvals and endorsements.
- Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and well being of Lodge guests and employees when senior managers are not available.
- Responds swiftly and effectively in any Lodge emergency or safety situation.
- Resolves guest complaints from all areas of the Lodge, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible;
- assists customers in all inquiries in connection with Lodge services, hours of operations, key Lodge personnel, in-house events, directions, etc.
- Responds to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner.
- Interaction with guest will be in person and by phone.
- Checks guest in and out in an efficient and friendly manner, using guest name whenever possible.
- Assures that guest is assigned type of room requested and the correct rate is charged.
- Arranges for luggage to be delivered to guest room. Issues correct keys to the guest.
- Checks out guest at end of stay. Ascertains guest satisfaction, collects keys, posts late charges and presents bill to guest.
- Settles bill accurately through credit card or cash transaction.
- Utilizes a variety of computer systems to check guests in and out, run daily reports and select and block rooms for arriving guests.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times.
- Adhere to the established standard of conduct and house rules, fire regulations and department procedures and policies.
- Dresses in issued uniform and ensure a neat, clean and tidy appearance at all times.
- Report to work on time, aware of schedule at all times and if unable to attend work, notifies the Supervisor in adequate time as stated in Employee Handbook.
- Complies with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in Employee handbook.
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Accepts reservations, changes and cancellations in the absence of Reservations Agents and oversees the Reservations in the absence of Revenue/Reservations Manager.
- Can answer guest calls and direct them appropriately in the absence of a Communications Operator.
- Ensures all Paper work regarding Tanapa cards are maintained accurately and checked on a daily basis.
- Ensure Card Balances are accurate. Ensure daily report Netma is accurate and sent on time.
- Ensures GA report is accurate with all guest preferences/ Glitches noted
- Ensures all Team members update guest profile in Golden and ensure maximum details of guests are captured in Golden including guest pictures
- Ensure Chat desk is manned and all chat conversations are accurate , timely and appropriate
- Ensures all Safety and Security procedures of the Lodge are followed including checking of various security features installed at the Lodge Oversees the Transportation needs of the lodge including assigning the vehicles for lodge staff and guest pick up. Ensure all vehicles are set as per standard prior to driving the guests. Conducts briefing for all staff once or twice a day depending on the shift. Also Conducts briefing for the Drivers on a daily basis , once transportation plan for the next day is completed.
- Provides basic trouble-shooting support for in-room services such as Internet, TV movies, games, and Web service.
- Works closely with Masaai to ensure smooth handling of guest luggage, deliveries and special requests.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- May be required to temporarily relocate to Arusha logistics office to assist as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
At least 2 years Front Office experience, at least one at a supervisory level. Previous management experience in hotel/resort/lodge operations preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Fluent in English, and ability to operate computer
No. of employees supervised: Up to 15 directly, 30 indirectly on any particular shift.