Danish Refugee Council
Overall purpose of the role:
Under the management of the 4Mi Project Manager for Eastern & Southern Africa, and the supervision of the 4Mi project specialist in Nairobi, the officer supports data collection activities by 4Mi enumerators and supports project implementation in Djibouti, Somalia, Kenya, and potentially Yemen. The officer ensures daily communication and support to field-based 4Mi enumerators and various project partners, and takes on administrative tasks and record-keeping.
- Contribute to the 4Mi strategy in the East & Horn of Africa;
- Daily coordination of 4Mi enumerator teams;
- Train and provide daily support to 4Mi Enumerators;
- Supervise 4Mi data collection activities ensuring the quality of data submitted;
- Work closely with support departments to make timely payments to all field-based enumerators;
- In collaboration with the 4Mi Information Management Officer, validate and clean monthly data;
- Daily monitoring and reporting of relevant information that might affect the smooth implementation of project activities;
- Any additional tasks in support of the 4Mi project.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Qualifications and Experience
- Preferably Master’s degree in a relevant field, including but not limited to research methods, international development, migration studies or business administration
- At least 2-year experience in data collection, conducting surveys and other research activities;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of humanitarian issues and stakeholders within the East & Horn of Africa context
- Proficiency in IT systems, including android-based applications;
- Outstanding organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Enthusiastic about learning
- Strong verbal and written communication.
Contract: Three months with possibility of extension, subject to funding and performance. Salary and other conditions are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for Kenyan National Staff ; Employment band NM.H
Availability: 1st November 2022
Duty station: This position is based in Regional Office Nairobi.
Reporting Line: 4Mi Project Manager
Providing equal opportunities We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Promoting high standards : DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process
How to apply
All applicants must upload to the DRC website (all in English) a cover letter, an updated CV (no longer than four pages) on https://drc.ngo/about-us/careers/vacancies/job/?p=165754 under Vacancies. Applications sent by email will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to sit for a test. Finalists will be asked to sit for an interview.
Please submit your application no later than 28th September 2022
To apply for this job please visit drc.ngo.