- Full Time
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Oct 9, 2022
United Nations Children's Fund
Apply By: 09-10-2022
How can you make a difference
Under close supervision and technical guidance of the Technical Specialist, Oxygen Therapy, establishes technical standards and guidelines for key programmatic oxygen medical commodities and systems needed in resource limited settings and emergency response procured by UNICEF on behalf of UNICEF programmes and procurement services partners.
The key tasks and responsibilities of the Technical Associate is as follows:
- Drafts, prepares and finalizes product specifications on basis of existing documentation, directives, and customer requirements. Translates specifications with expert assistance as necessary. Communicates with country offices and suppliers to obtain all necessary clarifications. Assists with preparations of conformity assessments and technical evaluations in tendering.
- Maintains technical dossiers of qualified supplier profiles, prepares lists of potential pre-qualified suppliers for sourcing and tendering as support to Contracting function for further action.
- Performs Material Master Maintenance and website management, ensuring all product specifications within the assigned product portfolio are kept up to date. Supports technical guidance to all customers and partners on choice of technology. Clarifies inadequate specifications, proposing substitute or alternative items as necessary. Under the supervision of the technical specialist, is responsible for knowledge management, including knowledge sharing via communication pieces on key products/markets and publication of information.
- Performs market research and horizon scanning for Innovations. Establishes and maintains database for product sources. Contacts and follows up new sources directly or through trade agencies or professional and technical organisations. Extracts, indexes or records information from catalogues, price lists, etc. and analyses against current purchasing data. Supports Innovation projects where market gaps exist.
- In coordination with the Technical Specialist, assist in incorporating sustainable procurement principles in sourcing and supply of a portfolio of high-risk health technologies where applicable.
- Assists country programmes, projects and/or procurement services partners in data analysis and planning, i.e., supply forecasts, product specifications, quantities, and budgets, among other. Provides support to optimization and capacity development projects.
- Assist in monitoring product performance, technical suitability, appropriateness, and durability through post procurement follow up with country offices and implementing partners. Investigates deviations in collaboration with Quality Assurance Centre and, Procurement Services Centre.
- Assists with the facilitation and communication with UNICEF Programmes, Supply Division Centres, UN agencies and NGO partners on technical matters.
- Any other duties or assignments as requested by the supervisor
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education and additional relevant courses preferably in a technical field related to oxygen therapy.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant working experience within a technical function related to the commodity group in a commercial, industrial, or public-sector organisation
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, and other office tools.
- Fluency in English
- Valid work permit and residency in Denmark at the time of submitting the application. Note that the selected candidate is responsible for obtaining any required extension of their residence permit as such an extension cannot be dependent on an employment with UNICEF
- Relevant technical courses within the range of oxygen-related medical device products (e.g. mechanical, electrical, chemical, or biomedical engineering).
- Technical experience with the procurement of oxygen delivery and related medical equipment (e.g., patient monitoring equipment)
- Knowledge of another UN language
- Knowledge of SharePoint and Power BI
- UN experience
Tagged as: Program and Project Management
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unicef.org.
- Consultant - Baseline/Needs Assessment
- Director, Air Navigation Bureau, D2
- Pakistan’s food and agriculture systems
- UK-PHRST Project Manager
- ENDLINE STUDY AND FINAL EXTERNAL EVALUATION of the…
- PROJECT MANAGER - LEARN
- Project Coordinator (Integrated project: Grants projects)
- Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL)…
- SYRIA – FSL COORDINATOR (H/F) – AMMAN
- Officer, Equality and Rights for All, Ethiopia