Website Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
The CCO has over 50 international NGO organizations as members. It is funded by ECHO, BHA and the Swiss Cooperation as well as member contributions. The Forum aims to strengthen, in an independent manner, coordination between member INGOs, local and national authorities, the United Nations, donors, diplomatic representations and external partners. The CCO is registered as a national NGO with the Central African authorities.
It facilitates the sharing of information, expertise, the establishment of guidelines and compliance with fundamental principles. Its objective is to strengthen the coordinated and efficient use of humanitarian aid, recovery and development resources in response to the needs of the people of CAR.
The activities of the CCO are developed around 5 pillars:
1. Information / Exchange facilitation / Internal coordination among its members
2. External Coordination / Representation
4. Communication / Humanitarian Access
5. Training / Capacity building for member organizations’ staff members
The CCO is structured as follows:
- A Plenary Assembly comprised of all members
- An executive committee (ComEx) – the Representation Body of all the CCO members comprised of 10 organizations elected from among the members of the CCO every 6 months
- A Permanent Office
For more details on the organization of the association, the statutes, the charter and the services offered by the CCO to its members, see the website www.ccorca.org.
The CCO has decided in 2021 to have the expatriate personnel of the Permanent Office hosted by NRC. Although hosted by NRC, including in terms of organisational procedures such as logistics, finance and security, there will be a degree of separation and independence of the CCO Permanent Office to ensure independent role as Coordination and focal point of all the INGO members.
- Role and responsibilities
The Administration and Support Manager’s role is to ensure the general administration of the CCO in terms finance, accounting, logistics and human resources as well as support to the INGO members of the CCO in their administrative procedures – HR, tax, logistics. Some of the responsibilities include:-
- Ensuring adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Preparing and developing status reports, meeting reports as required by management. Summarize key documents (reports, assessments, etc) and share with partners in easily read format.
- Developing communication and information products to support NGO operations and engagement in broader Forum activities and to be regularly informed about the CAR context.
- Supporting logistics and administration around trainings, meetings and other events as required.
- Supporting internal donor reporting requirements as required by the grant manager and ensuring timely submission of reports.
- Providing back office support to the INGO Forum when required
- Promoting and sharing ideas for technical improvement
- Minimum 5 year INGO experience (in a support function role – Finance, Operations, Administration, Logistics, Compliance or Human Resources)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required, master’s degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal French and English language skills, including concise analytical writing
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate frequently and effectively in both verbal and written form. Demonstrated capacity in interpersonal exchanges and negotiation. Communicating with impact and respect.
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Knowledge of the humanitarian coordination system and the mandates of the actors involved.
- Experience in complex emergency crisis contexts
- Previous experience in CAR would be a strong asset
- Strong data analytical and interpretation skills.
- Commitment to international humanitarian standards and principles.
- Proven ability to conduct self professionally under pressure and work under demanding operational conditions
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and often demanding environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and experience in humanitarian setting.
Find link for more detail NRC-CCO_JD_INGO_Forum_Admin_support_Manager.docx
What We Offer
- 12 months fixed term contract with possibility of extension
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site
**Apply by completing all the system required fields of your experience in your application**
To apply for this job please visit ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.