Website European Banking Authority (EBA)
Provision of personal, administrative, and/or organisational support to a Department/Unit in their daily business tasks.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the day-to-day general administration of the Department/Unit, assisting the Director of Department/Head of Unit as well as supporting the Department/Unit’s staff. The nature of the tasks varies according to the needs of the specific Department/Unit and may include the following tasks:
- • Provide logistic and administrative support, coordinate and organise meetings, conferences, workshops (e.g. room reservations, travel cost reimbursements of external participants, meeting reports and related documents);
- • Provide overall administrative support to the Director/Head of Unit/Department/Unit (e.g. timesheets, travel arrangements, visa applications, mission reimbursements and other statement of expenses, office supply requisitions);
- • Administer proactively the Director/Head of Unit/Department/Unit’s calendar and dynamic schedule (e.g. stakeholder appointments, incoming calls);
- • Assist in daily matters of the Department/Unit: monitor functional mailboxes (e.g. route incoming correspondence, prepare draft replies and ensure timely follow-ups), check and format documentation, take notes and minutes, process letters, draft documents and memos, handle the document and file management;
- • Set up and maintain databases, contact lists, archiving systems;
- • Contribute to the developing and/or implementing of policies, procedures, guidelines, templates;
- • Provide statistics, periodical reports, data analysis and other required documentations regarding the administrative operation of the Department/Unit;
- • Contribute to monitoring the budgetary commitments for the routine administration of the Department/Unit and plan the resources accordingly, and act as operational initiator for the financial transactions of the Department/Unit;
- • Cover for other administrative support and secretarial staff in their absence and provide support to other members of a Department management team, where relevant and if required;
- • Ensure flexibility in the provision of the above in the interest of the service;
- • Execute any other organisational and administrative tasks as may be required.
To be considered eligible, candidates must satisfy all the criteria listed below, by the deadline for submitting applications.
- • Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union, or a national of the European Economic Area (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway);
- • Be entitled to his/her full rights as a citizen;
- • Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- • Have a thorough knowledge of English and a satisfactory knowledge of another official language8 of the European Union;
- • Have the appropriate character references as to his/her suitability for the performance of his/her duties;
- • Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post.
To be eligible, a candidate must have
a) A level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma; or b) A level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education.
Candidates must indicate in their applications the official duration of studies and the graduation dates for all the diplomas they have obtained.
On the basis of 1.2.1.b), to qualify for the position a candidate must have, in addition to the above, at least three years of proven fulltime professional experience after completing the education
The work experience for eligibility purposes is counted from the award of the corresponding diploma up to the closing date of applications.
Applications will be assessed based on the Eligibility and Essential Selection Criteria specified in sections 1 and 2 of this vacancy notice. Candidates are required to clearly indicate in their CVs how they acquired the knowledge and experience allowing them to meet the selection criteria mentioned below and give specific examples.
Essential selection criteria
In addition to the eligibility criteria above, the following essential selection criteria will be used. Please note that all essential criteria are mandatory, meaning that no application will be assessed further if a candidate obtains a zero score in any of them:
- • At least one year of relevant full-time professional experience in providing administrative support with tasks closely related to those described in ‘Main responsibilities’, after completing the education
- • Proven professional experience in contributing to the development of internal administrative documents/policies/procedures/guidelines and/or templates – please give specific examples in your application;
- • Proven experience in working with document management system – please give specific examples in your application;
- • Proficient use of MS Office package as well as proven professional experience working with other IT applications, such as HR, finance tools – please give specific examples how you used these applications/tools in your daily work.
Candidates who meet all of the essential selection criteria will be scored against the following advantageous criteria:
- • French language knowledge at least B2 level;
- • Proven professional experience working with the following: Staff Regulations and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS), the EU Financial Regulations or with other similar regulatory frameworks;
- • Administrative experience within a large and complex financial services organization and/or within an EU agency or other EU body.
In addition to the above, candidates are expected to fulfil the following competencies which may be assessed during interviews:
- • Strong sense of diplomacy, commitment and proactive attitude;
- • Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality;
- • Excellent organisational skills with eye for detail, and capacity to prioritise work effectively, dealing with multiple tasks and meeting tight deadlines;
- • Flexibility to take over other tasks in view of a dynamic and evolving institutional environment;
- • Ability and willingness to acquire new skills, as required for the execution of the job;
- • Very good communication skills;
- • Be a good team player with strong inter-personal skills.
Contract type, duration and starting date:
The successful candidate will be offered a contract agent13 fixed-term contract of three years with a probation period of nine months and the possibility of extension.
The estimated starting date is 1 November 2022.
Place of employment
The offices of the European Banking Authority are be located on Floors 24 to 27, Europlaza, 20 Avenue André Prothin, La Défense 4 – 92400 Courbevoie, France.
Submission of Applications
Applications including a curriculum vitae in the Europass format18, a motivation letter, and the completed eligibility criteria grid, should be submitted in English in pdf format to the following address: [email protected] by 31 August 2022 at 12.00 noon Paris time.
Please indicate the reference number of this selection, your name and surname in the subject of your email.
To apply for this job please visit www.eba.europa.eu.