- Full Time
- Krakow, Poland
- Nov 29, 2022
Website United Nations Children's Fund
Apply By: 29-11-2022
Under the supervision and guidance of the supervisor, the Administrative Associate is responsible for executing a broad variety of procedural and specialized administrative tasks for the respective section requiring in-depth knowledge of UNICEF administrative procedures, processes and policies.
Summary of tasks and responsibilities:
- Maintains office calendar and arranges meetings.
- Takes minutes of meetings, ensuring accuracy, attention to detail and coherence.
- Facilitates the communications and workflow of the organizational unit to enhance the efficiency and timeliness of operations and outputs.
- Manages incoming and outgoing correspondence, e-mails and telephone calls.
- Communicates routine and some non-routine information pertaining to the work of the team.
- Conducts the outpost orientation upon arrival of new staff and consultants.
- Liaises with candidates in the various stages of the recruitment process in liaison with the Operations/HR Team in Warsaw.
- Supports in the coordination and the scheduling of interviews and technical assessments.
- Reports any staff issues to Operations/HR Specialist in Warsaw for proper action.
- Maintains and updates a system which monitors the absence of staff.
- Manages the overtime and leave reporting and ensures staff in the outpost are using SAP ZNHR_ESS or FIORI for approval and recording.
- Liaises with Operations/Supply Team in Warsaw for instructions and necessary guidance.
- Supports capacity development activities and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts.
- Arranges times through liaising with participants over availability.
- Liaises with budget focal points and section over costs and needs.
- Prepares background materials for participants and uploads cleared materials on the intranet.
- Prepares and maintains agendas on meetings and events related to the work group commitments.
- Provides travel assistance to staff members in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets on travel costs and maintain travel plan and budgetary control records.
- Monitors travel certification and report back to the team.
- Uploads electronic files and verifies results to the local recording system and liaises with the Operations Finance Team in Warsaw for processing and submissions.
- Responds to client transaction status and other inquiries re invoice processing.
- Supports management of administrative supplies, office equipment, and updating inventory of items.
- Monitors and supervises adequate and appropriate use of supplies. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards.
- Arranges for the purchase and timely distribution of office supplies.
As a champion for every child, qualifications are…
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses.
- Minimum of six years of administrative or clerical work experience. University degree may compensate experience with the following approach: candidates with a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of four years of relevant experience can be considered; candidates with a Master’s degree with a minimum of two years of relevant experience can be considered.
- Prior experience in administrative and programme support functions in a similar organization is an asset. Experience in an international organization and/or large corporation is preferred. Experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel required.
- Fluency in English and Polish. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unicef.org.
- Deputy Director, Languages and Publications, D
- Consultant - Baseline/Needs Assessment
- UNDOC National Project Officer
- UK-PHRST Project Manager
- ENDLINE STUDY AND FINAL EXTERNAL EVALUATION of the…
- Pakistan’s food and agriculture systems
- Pakistan’s food and agriculture systems
- PROJECT MANAGER - LEARN
- Project Coordinator (Integrated project: Grants projects)
- Deputy Director, Technical Cooperation Bureau, D1