SEARCH FOR COMMON GROUND
Purpose of the Position:
This one-year position is for experienced Afghan advocacy professionals to join Search’s team in Afghanistan. The ultimate aim of the position is to ensure that the voices of the Afghan people reach decision-makers in and outside of the country and these voices are taken into account when policies are enacted, and programs are designed. The advocacy coordinator will ensure this by strengthening coordination within the civil society inside Afghanistan, providing better advocacy skills to those that need them, creating effective linkages and tools for the civil society actors, as well as creating safe spaces for advocacy to take place. The ideal candidate for this post will be well linked within the civil society, an excellent communicator, resilient and creative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all the advocacy groups at Search (such as the nexus NGO group, women’s online group, and youth group).
- Write policy and advocacy briefs and documents.
- Organize events including online meetings with donors, policymakers, and relevant networks.
- Contribute to program development.
- Conduct advocacy-related research.
- Represent search in various national and international internal and external fora.
- Develop expertise in and deliver CGA to Advocacy in Afghanistan.
- Maintain and build a network of stakeholders relevant to advocacy on matters related to advocacy.
- Manage Search Afghanistan’s advocacy budget.
- Coordinate Search Afghanistan’s input in wider inter-agency advocacy efforts.
- Lead and manage any ad-hoc advocacy efforts that arise.
- Carry out any activities that are deemed necessary for effective advocacy efforts at Search.
Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- A degree from a recognized university or a master’s degree is preferred.
- Total of at least five years’ experience in an international or a large national NGO in Afghanistan.
- Proven experience in leading national/international advocacy programs in Afghanistan.
- Experience in managing programs including budgets.
- Experience in liaising successfully with a large array of actors including the civil society (formal and informal), de-facto authorities, and the international communities (diplomatic missions and donors for example).
- Experience in writing policy papers.
- Experience in design and delivery of training on topics relevant to advocacy.
- Must have proven knowledge of the policy landscape affecting Afghanistan.
Skills and Competencies
- Interest in the peacebuilding, humanitarian, and development fields;
- Able to work under pressure and a keen team player.
- Excellent written and oral Dari and Pashto communication skills.
- Able to communicate in English (in written and orally) at a high level.
- Excellent IT skills including Ms. Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent time management skills.
- Working with People: The ability to respect the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy, listen, and support; consult others and share information and expertise, build team spirit, and adapt to the team.
- Flexibility: The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities, tolerate ambiguity, and adapt personal style to different people and situations.
- Drive for Results and Efficiency: The ability to set quality standards, monitor, and maintain quality of work, and set goals to achieve continuous improvement.
- Relationship Management: The ability to manage interactions, provide service, and support the organization while building an effective internal and external network.
- leadership and Navigation: The ability to manage and contribute to initiatives and processes within the organization while making progress toward change and continuous improvement.
- Communication: The ability to effectively exchange information with others, effectively deliver critical information, gather information and communicate with others.
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness: The ability to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties and be able to work cross-culturally.
- Ethical Practice: The ability to integrate Search vision, mission and core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Les descriptifs de pouvant ne pouvant être exhaustifs, le titulaire du poste pourra être amené à entreprendre d’autres tâches qui correspondent globalement aux responsabilités clés ci-dessus.
Seuls les candidats invités à un entretien seront contactés. Pas d’appels téléphoniques s’il vous plaît. Veuillez consulter notre site Web www.sfcg.org pour tous les détails de notre mission.
Tous les employés de Search doivent adhérer aux valeurs de Search : Collaboration- Audace – Ténacité – Empathie – Résultats. Conformément à ces valeurs, Search fait respecter le code de conduite et les politiques connexes sur la lutte contre le harcèlement au travail, la protection contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection des enfants, les conflits d’intérêts et la lutte contre la fraude. Search s’engage à préserver les intérêts, les droits et le bien-être des enfants, des jeunes et des adultes vulnérables avec lesquels elle est en contact et à mener ses programmes et ses opérations d’une manière qui soit sûre pour les enfants, les jeunes et les adultes vulnérables.
Search for Common Ground ne fait pas et ne doit pas faire de discrimination fondée sur la race, la couleur, la religion (croyance), le sexe, l’expression de genre, l’âge, l’origine nationale (ascendance), le handicap, l’état matrimonial, l’orientation sexuelle ou le statut militaire, dans aucune de ses activités ou opérations.
Consultez notre code de conduite ici et notre politique de confidentialité ici.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.