The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing financial analysis and reporting support to International Medical Corps HQ Finance teams.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation:
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide system and business administrator level support to department managers for the IBM Cognos TM1 HQ budgeting and planning application
• Support department heads with the fiscal budget preparation, monthly forecast updates, analytics and reviews
• Analyze financial data and create financial models to support strategic decision making
• Review and analyze monthly expenses in coordination with LA Finance and Accounting
• Manage financial compliance and approvals for overhead travel and training
• Responsible for managing access for indirect projects in International Medical Corps time keeping system
• Assist with external compliance requirements, such as statutory audit and federal tax return 990
• Ensure compliance with International Medical Corps’ policies, rules, regulations and applicable state, federal and international laws
• Review existing processes and internal controls to drive continuous improvement related to accuracy, efficiency, auditability and transparency
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
Code of Conduct
As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
If this is a supervisory position, one must set an example of ethical behavior through one’s own conduct and oversight of the work of others; ensure that those who report to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct & Ethics; monitor compliance of the people you supervise; enforce the Code of Conduct & Ethics and International Medical Corps’ policies, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment, Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fairly; support employees who in good faith raise questions or concerns.
It is all staff shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children, adults at risk, or LGBTI individuals; and any form of trafficking in persons. Staff are also responsible for preventing violations to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any violations to the Code of Conduct and Ethics or Safeguarding Policy, you have an obligation to report.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Typically, a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Typically, 4+ years of relevant experience in Financial Analysis and Accounting ;
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) pronouncements and interpretations is desired.
- Non-profit accounting and finance experience is desired
- Experience with financial planning is desired.
- Advanced MS Office Excel skills
- Analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must be able to interact on a daily basis with individuals at all levels and develop partnership/ collaborative working relationships that facilitate meeting finance objectives
- Comprehensive financial process knowledge
- Experience with automated business and financial systems
- Knowledge of ERP applications and planning applications
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL OR LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS Misconduct Disclosure SchemeAll offers of employment at International Medical Corps are subject to satisfactory references and background checks. International Medical Corps participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme from the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response (SCHR). In accordance with this, we will request information from an applicant’s previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.