Website Medic Mobile
Application Deadline September 30, 2022
Department App Services
Employment Type Full Time
Work place type Fully remote
The position of the App Developer, involves managing project app development. This involves management of the technical configurations and management of the app functionality to ensure optimal performance. It also involves partner support such as capacity building on the usage and optimization of the app and support in case of incidents reported on the app. The app developer will work closely with design and project teams. They are expected to be quick learners and equally quick to adapt to new and changing technologies.
- Manage project technical development/configurations: Work alongside partnerships leads, project managers, and designers to define scope, design, write technical specifications, and build public health applications
- Develop internal and partner-facing interactive data visualizations. Work with designers and project managers to ensure that dashboard designs are feasible within the Medic Mobile Analytics platform
- Conduct functional and unit testing on all developed code and scripts in line with testing frameworks to ensure conformance with defined requirements. Ensure general functionality and design of the app is maintained and testing of the app. Ensure that the test coverage is as close as they can get to 100%.
- Manage client timelines, monitor usage of the platform, and any relevant software costs for invoicing purposes to foster strong relationships with partners. Make reference to the statement of works and ensure adherence to partner timelines.
- Support end users and stakeholders (internal and external) on any arising technology issues/bugs to resolve, escalate, and resolve. Make sure the tool can work well with the partner organization recommendations. Monitor the caring acts, monitor the app to ensure that the tool is working well and fix bugs. Improve the tool using feedback from partners.
- Travel to the field to test app and network performance as well as to support deployment when need be.
- Support in proposal writing, publications, present Medic Mobile in meetings, seminars, summits & forums when called upon to do so.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in similar roles with demonstrated technical leadership.
- Strong command of written and spoken English.
- Proficient with relational databases, Postgres or MySQL
- Experience with data analysis and data visualisation languages R/Matlab/Python would be of benefit
- Have experience using command-line tools on Linux (preferred) or another UNIX-like operating system.
- Be committed to frequent and timely communication, both in person and online (via email, Slack, and other online chat applications).
- Have interest in working with and learning from a globally distributed team of mHealth technology experts.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to pass on information clearly to users and to grasp difficulties perceived by users.
- Strong user support orientation with an attitude of wanting to assist people and pass-on their knowledge and experience to others establishing a good working relationship with users/partners.
- Ability to work under high pressure, meet deadlines, monitor and follow-up on pending matters under minimum supervision.
- Be familiar with Android SDK, NoSQL databases.
- Project work experience with open source technology.
- Good logical diagnostic skills and ability to exercise good judgment in the resolution of problems.
- Fluency in other languages would be nice to have e.g Luganda
Purpose & Impact
- Ability to create and see real impact in your work
- Freedom to take initiative and innovate, bonus of an agile, small team
- Work for a globally awarded social enterprise recognized for developing a solution that can create global systems change in the health sector
- Work with a value and mission driven team that is consistently described as warm, incredibly kind and supportive
- Exposure to a diverse team: over 15 different nationalities
- Opportunities for global travel: all team meet-up + functional team meet-up + field visits
Work/Life & Growth
- Generous leave time: vacation, maternity/paternity, bereavement, & sick days
- Professional development funds & opportunities + 5 days off for prof dev
- Home Office Set up Stipend.
- Flexible, remote schedules
Medic is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2010 to advance health and human flourishing with and for the hardest-to-reach communities. We envision a more just world in which health workers are supported as they provide care for their neighbors, universal health coverage is a reality, and health is a secured human right. Practically, we have advanced our mission by building, implementing, and supporting open-source digital tools that support Community Health Workers, managers, and facility-based health workers. Along with our partners, we build and apply software that helps health workers deliver high-quality, equitable care in redesigned health systems. Our team and partners support more than 28,000 frontline health workers caring for an estimated 15 million people in 18 countries across Africa and Asia.
Each member of our team was drawn to this mission and emboldened by a vision of global health equity. Our diversity of skills and experiences helps us tackle complex challenges – we look forward to hearing from you and exploring ways to work together.
To apply for this job please visit medic.pinpointhq.com.