Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
The OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects. It therefore addresses a wide range of security-related concerns, including arms control, confidence and security-building measures, human rights, combating human trafficking, national minorities, democratization, policing strategies, counter-terrorism and economic and environmental activities. All 57 participating States enjoy equal status, and decisions are taken by consensus on a politically, but not legally binding basis.
The OSCE Secretariat in Vienna assists the Chairmanship in its activities, and provides operational and administrative support to the field operations, and, as appropriate, to other institutions.
The Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings (SR/CTHB) represents the OSCE at the political level on anti-trafficking issues. The Office of the SR/CTHB assists OSCE participating States in the implementation of commitments and full usage of recommendations set forth in the OSCE Action Plan to Combat Trafficking in Human Beings. The Office provides a co-ordinating function among OSCE structures and institutions involved in combating trafficking in human beings (CTHB) with a focus on the following activities: enhancing the awareness and understanding of THB across the OSCE region; policy planning and advocacy especially in the area of emerging trends of THB and effective approaches to combating THB; and direct assistance to participating States in practical and technical areas, at their request.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will, under the supervision of the Senior Co-ordination Adviser (Project Manager) and in co-operation with the OSR/CTHB staff leading relevant portfolios, support the implementation of the extra budgetary project “Preventing and responding to trafficking in human beings amid the humanitarian crisis related to the war in Ukraine” In particular, the incumbent will facilitate the implementation of project activities, including research and development of the project materials, official and technical assistance visits, workshops, trainings, conferences and expert meetings, as well as monitoring and reporting on project progress achieved. More specifically, the incumbent will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Serving as the main focal point for the ExB project by: developing, updating and maintaining the project work plan; facilitating the implementation of the project in line with the project documentation and work plan; ensuring the input of the respective OSR/CTHB portfolio leads for the planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting on projects activities; attending OSCE meetings/events and meetings/events organized by other organizations as relevant to the project; gathering, analyzing and organizing the project correspondence and archives; establishing and maintaining contact database; maintaining regular contact with relevant OSCE internal and external stakeholders;
- Overseeing the organizing of events under the ExB project including meetings, seminars, roundtables, workshops, conferences, briefing etc. by drafting of necessary correspondence, preparing invitation letters, concept notes, agendas, events budget estimates, practical notes, lists of participants, meeting notes, after-event reports and feedback forms and other relevant documents and correspondence;
- Assisting with the reporting on the ExB project activities and project results by preparing post-activities reports, donor reports, summary reports, impact and other ad-hoc reports needed in this regards;
- Assisting with public relations and communications regarding the ExB project in collaboration with OSR/CTHB communications personnel by preparing press releases, presentations, speeches, statements, newsletters, media articles, responses to requests from media and content for OSR/CTHB social media platforms, by liaising with the relevant OSCE departments, by disseminating information about the project to interested parties, by monitoring internal and external media for information about the ExB project, by preparing and managing media events;
- Overseeing the preparation of the necessary documentation and correspondence and following of the necessary procedures with regards to the procurement of goods and services for the ExB project activities; by drafting the technical specifications or terms of reference, raising Purchase Requisition in the OSCE system, researching for suitable suppliers, examining received offers for goods and services and making recommendations on the options to choose, or drafting final selection reports;
- Overseeing the monitoring of the implementation of the project activities and execution of the project budget with the purpose to prevent delays in the delivery of the project outputs; notify the project manager about possible delays and to ensure that project activities are carried out on time and the project budget is followed in accordance with the project documentation;
- Assisting with the preparation of the necessary documentation and correspondence and following of the necessary procedures with regards to contracting experts and consultants for the ExB project activities; by drafting terms of reference, raising Purchase Requisitions in the OSCE system, researching for suitable candidates, examining the files of candidates, or drafting selection reports;
- Overseeing the management of the ExB internal project documentation by liaising with the relevant OSCE departments, attending the necessary internal and external meetings, preparing the necessary forms and documentation for the change or updating of the project documentation, etc.;
- Assisting with fundraising activities for the ExB project by preparing correspondence for delegations to the OSCE requesting funding, preparing and attending meetings with donors and OSCE departments involved in fundraising for OSCE projects, preparing presentations, one-pagers and other visual materials regarding the project and funding needs, or liaising with other OSCE departments involved in fundraising for OSCE projects;
- Performing other relevant tasks as assigned.
- First-level university degree in international relations, law, political sciences, human rights, public policy, public administration or other related field;
- A minimum of two years of relevant professional experience in the field of trafficking in human beings or human rights, of which at least two years within an international/multilateral context;
- Demonstrated experience of at least three years in project management and implementation of complex projects;
- Professional fluency in English. Knowledge of other OSCE official languages is an asset;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications.
To apply for this job please visit vacancies.osce.org.