Website Foundation Communities (FC)
Foundation Communities (FC) is a local, homegrown nonprofit. Founded in 1990, we provide affordable, attractive homes and free on-site support services for thousands of families, veterans, seniors, and individuals with disabilities. We offer an innovative, proven model that empowers our residents and neighbors to achieve educational success, financial stability, and healthier lifestyles. We own and operate 26 communities all over Austin and in North Texas.
In compliance with Foundation Communities’ duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, Foundation Communities is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they request and receive a reasonable accommodation.
Responsible for assisting the Community Manager to effectively manage the community, and assume the responsibilities of the Community Manager in his/her absence. The schedule is 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday through Friday, in person at Peters Colony, 1810 E Peters Colony Rd, Carrollton, TX 75007. The Assistant Manager will report to the Property Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains accurate resident records, posts all rents, deposits and fees, and all A/P functions as directed by Property Manager.
- Issues appropriate notices (i.e. late payments, evictions, NSF checks).
- Makes daily bank deposits.
- Prepares and updates reports as delegated by Property Manager.
- Organizes and maintains files, and performs other tasks as assigned by Property Manager.
- Greets prospective residents, shows community and performs all leasing functions as necessary as defined by Foundation Communities Criteria.
- Handles calls from residents and vendors as delegated.
- Accepts service requests and routes to maintenance; conducts service follow-up with residents.
- Inspects property, picks up litter, reports service needs to Property Manager or Service Supervisor.
- Inspects move-outs and vacant units as requested by Property Manager.
- Performs all other tasks assigned by manager.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Applies job skills and company policies and procedures to complete a wide range of difficult tasks. Works moderately complex assignments.
- Requires judgment to resolve problems and make routine recommendations.
- Requires no instruction on routine work, and general instruction on new assignments.
- Onesite software experience is preferred.
- Fair housing training is preferred.
- 2-4 years in the industry or in a position of similar responsibilities is preferred.
- The Assistant Manager should possess thorough knowledge of the specific programs relative to the property. This will include the gathering and verification of all documentation necessary to meet program compliance.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
- $16-$18 per hour depending on location. $500 Sign-on bonus (1/2 paid on first paycheck; other half paid after 90 days of employment). This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. Benefits include employer paid health benefits, 401(k) investment opportunity, Employee Assistance Program, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
Foundation Communities is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation & gender identity.
To apply for this job please visit foundationcommunities.applytojob.com.