- Full Time
- New York, United States of America
- Dec 12, 2022
Website World Bank Group
Apply By: 12-12-2022
IFC’s priorities in FIG as an industry group are: (i) grow investment and advisory solutions in all regions it operates in, while achieving strong profitability and development impact (ii) build new and nurture existing client relationships to make IFC the preferred partner for key clients (iii) manage portfolio of assets for strong profitability and impact; (iv) support local companies, while improving transparency and corporate governance; (v) catalyze foreign investment, including mobilizing B loans, parallel loans, and other forms of capital mobilization; (vi) introduce and develop new financial solutions, products and platforms; (vii) build long-term partnerships with strong regional players; (viii) develop client, sector and country-level solutions through upstream and downstream interventions that can be scaled and replicated; and (ix) be a thought leader and innovator of products and client solutions globally.
IFC is looking for associate investment officers to support its key sectors of focus in its priority strategic areas in FIG. The selected AIOs will complement the existing cadre of Investment Officers and specialists who deliver on FIG’s strategy through Innovation of new debt and equity products and execution of new investments. These include Financial Inclusion, Digitization and Fintech, and capital markets and housing, amongst others. The position(s) will report to the Chief Investment Officers and Managers responsible for the relevant units in the Financial Institutions Group and will be based in Washington DC. Prior experience in the FIG strategic sectors of focus will be a relevant factor in the work program of the selected candidate.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Associate Investment Officer will have a wide range of evolving responsibilities in line with strategic priorities of FIG. The selected candidate will also participate and support the research, and knowledge management agenda of the FIG in the relevant sector. Anticipated scope of duties and responsibilities includes the following:
- Work with senior global and regional leads to develop a strong pipeline of good quality and innovative and more complex investment opportunities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, and industry players to develop specific investment opportunities.
- Participate in or lead in execution of transactions and negotiations for globally led transactions as appropriate; use advanced financial competencies and personal influencing skills to overcome impasses and lead negotiations to a successful outcome.
- As part of a transaction team, lead commercial due diligence, financial analysis, and preparation of Investment Review and Committee meeting books and materials.
- Collaborate within team and with the regional teams to develop global and regional sector strategies and support related promotion work.
- Share knowledge of FIG strategic sectors with the FIG regional teams.
- Assist in other project or strategy related activities, as the need may arise.
- Master’s degree in finance, economics, or other related areas. Candidates with MBA, CPA would have an advantage.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in emerging markets investment related areas to include debt and equity.
- Understanding of sector drivers, business, and market development cycles, and how business performance and long-term competitiveness and viability are measured within a sector and how sector dynamics may evolve within a country or region.
- Proven analytical, financial analysis, equity valuation, and financial modeling skills to analyze and form conclusions on company financial information or projects and industry indicators. Strong credit skills and excellent business judgment.
- Ability to oversee and provide quality control feedback on financial models prepared by analysts.
- Capacity to build productive and mutually beneficial relationships and networks internally and externally to identify business opportunities, discuss structuring alternatives, and resolve issues.
- Commitment to sustainable development.
- Original thinking / quick learning abilities with strong initiative and drive, as well as attention to details.
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills, and commitment to work in a respectful, team oriented and multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills in English are required, additional major language desirable. (French, Spanish)
- Willingness to travel.
To apply for this job please visit worldbankgroup.csod.com.
- Columbia College Areas of StudyAvis challenge pecunia [Ecom French Touch Affiliation]Avis challenge pecunia [Ecom French...
- Consultant - Baseline/Needs Assessment
- Deputy Director, Languages and Publications, D
- UNDOC National Project Officer
- UK-PHRST Project Manager
- Pakistan’s food and agriculture systems
- Pakistan’s food and agriculture systems
- ENDLINE STUDY AND FINAL EXTERNAL EVALUATION of the…
- PROJECT MANAGER - LEARN
- SYRIA – FSL COORDINATOR (H/F) – AMMAN