- Full Time
Apply By: 12-12-2022
The Financial Institution Group (FIG) is one of IFC’s key Departments responsible for a significant portion of IFC’s business volume, profitability, and development reach, approximately 40%. FIG engages in a wide range of sub-sectors including Microfinance, SME, Gender, Climate, Insurance, Capital Markets, Housing, Distressed Assets, and other areas, with both investment and advisory services delivered globally to IFC’s clients through IFC’s global network. FIG has three main objectives: financial inclusion servicing the real economy and mobilizing third-party resources.
FIG’s Europe team is based across the region with main hubs and offices in Vienna, Bucharest, and Belgrade. The team members work on both new business development and portfolio management across the region. With a diverse network of markets, the pipeline of new transactions ranges from investing fresh equity in banks to structured finance products which help develop local capital markets.
FIG Europe Regional Industry Team is seeking Associate Investment Officers to be based in Bucharest/Vienna/Belgrade with good local market and industry experience to help grow and develop its business across the region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and accountabilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate in developing client strategies/ engagement plans and pitch books for industry and countries;
- Establish and maintain relationships with mid-level clients and other stakeholders (government, development partners, WBG) to explore straightforward business opportunities;
- Analyze operational and financial performance as well as credit and integrity risks of potential clients/ projects;
- Build complex financial models, perform due diligence and financial analysis, and/or provide quality control over financial analysis/ projections developed by an analyst to evaluate the benefits and risks of straightforward transactions;
- Assess and articulate development impact and IFC’s role/ additionality in straightforward transactions;
- Lead straightforward investment transactions incorporating lessons learned from IFC’s earlier investments and portfolio management;
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders (Legal, E&S, sector specialists and Economists) to identify ways to strengthen the development impact and financial sustainability of projects;
- Perform credit and risk assessments, financial projections, covenant compliance reviews, and monitor changes to risk flags to determine the performance of the assigned portfolio with limited supervision;
- Responsible for rating reviews or loan loss reseves on a quarterly basis for the overall assigned portfolio. Run models for equity valuations to determine the need to modify the exit strategy;
- Supervise and ensure the quality of portfolio reporting information prepared by junior staff, providing broader industry, sub-sector and country perspective into project risks and issues,
- Engage with mid-level clients on straightforward projects to understand their business directions and challenges that may lead to new opportunities, and support the design of client engagement plans, as applicable;
- Follow up-with mid and senior level clients to resolve problems on straightforward projects.
- Master’s degree in finance, economics or other related areas; accreditation as CFA or CPA is considered equivalent;
- At least 4-6 years of relevant experience with a proven track-record of sourcing, structuring and closing investments both in equity and debt; as well as active portfolio management of debt and equity investments. Good understanding of IFC’s financial instruments, requirements, main investment agreements/ standard contracts and provisions, all aspects of transactions to provide input for optimal structuring of a prospective opportunity, and internal deal and portfolio processing;
- Understanding of industry drivers, business/ market development cycles, and how business performance and long-term competitiveness/ viability are measured within the industry and how industry dynamics may evolve within a country/ region;
- Proven analytical, financial analysis, equity valuation, and financial modeling skills to analyze and form conclusions on company financial information or projects and industry indicators. Able to oversee and provide quality control feedback on financial models prepared by analysts;
- Understanding of credit and non-financial risks associated with straightforward projects and specific aspects of a complex project, and how to satisfactorily mitigate those risks based on understanding of how IFC assesses risk/ reward tradeoffs;
- Capacity to identify barriers for market creation opportunities in a targeted country by tapping into relevant internal expertise and synthesizing information on local regulatory and economic context, industry/ sector and landscape, and constraints clients are facing to grow their business;
- Capacity to build client relationships/ networks. Ability to identify business opportunities, discuss structuring alternatives, and resolve issues;
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills to effectively influence the perception/ support of clients/ stakeholders;
- Ability to draft documents and reports that are concise, well-organized, and appropriately focused on most critical points that are relevant to the target audience;
- Ability to share valid opinions and new observations relevant to project outcomes with project leaders in a manner that is concise, cohesive, and focused.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills in English are required; Knowledge of other languages of the CEE region is desirable.
Tagged as: Accounts and Finance
- Consultant - Baseline/Needs AssessmentGoogle Off Campus Drive 2022 for Data Analytics Apprenticeship | B.E/B.Tech | Hyderabad, GurgaonGoogle Off Campus Drive 2022 for Da...
- Deputy Director, Languages and Publications, D
- The Top 10 Health Insurance Plans in the United Kingdom 2022
- The Best Canada Life Insurance for You 2022
- UNDOC National Project Officer
- UK-PHRST Project Manager
- Pakistan’s food and agriculture systems
- Pakistan’s food and agriculture systems
- Columbia College Areas of Study
- ENDLINE STUDY AND FINAL EXTERNAL EVALUATION of the…