Website DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech)
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Monitoring and Evaluation; Knowledge Management and Data Analytics; Public Financial Management and Fiscal Sustainability; and Education, Gender, and Youth.
We are looking for an innovative and certified AWS Cloud Engineer to implement and deploy AWS cloud services that will meet our client’s business needs. The team develops applications and website products that use data and visualizations designed to improve awareness, availability, access, and capacity to transform the way our client collects, analyzes, and uses data to ensure development outcomes are supported by evidence. The AWS Cloud Engineer will join a strong team of dedicated IT specialists in the design, development, and deployment of various solutions with significant data repositories.
The AWS Cloud Engineer’s responsibilities include implementing, enhancing, and troubleshooting our DevSecOps processes. Additional duties include assessing current cloud services to identify areas in need of improvement or enhancements, and helping other technical teams. You should also be able to regularly update management on any developments in DevSecOps that is relevant to our tooling.
To be successful, you should be able to integrate any updated specifications and requirements into the DevSecOps architecture.
- Building and integrating cloud-based DevSecOps solutions that meet the company’s needs.
- Assessing the DevSecOps architecture and tools currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve and enhance it.
- Resolving technical DevSecOps problems as they arise.
- Providing guidance to other technical teams.
- Continually researching current and emerging DevSecOps technologies and proposing changes where needed.
- Informing various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
- Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have.
- Establish DevSecOps guidelines to integrate and deploy changes to the solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, software engineering, computer science, or related field.
- Certified AWS DevOps Engineer – Associate (or higher).
- In-depth understanding of modern DevSecOps tools and processes.
- Sound knowledge of Windows and RHEL operating systems.
- 1+ years’ experience with containers and container orchestration in a AWS environment.
- Knowledge of Microservice application deployments and patterns.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interact well with key stakeholders, business analysts, and architects on solution designs, and participate in status briefings as needed
- Strong organizational and presentation skills.
- The candidate must have solid teamwork synergy, capacity to inspire and motivate other technical staff.
- Ability to work independently; motivated and responsible self-starter.
The candidate must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for the required U.S. government security clearance for this project.
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age (40 and older), physical and mental disability, genetic information (including family medical history) or characteristics, military status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship or alienage, or any other protected status as established by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Need help finding the right job?
To apply for this job please visit uscareers-devtechsys.icims.com.