Bilingual Events & Operations Specialist
Manager II, Operations and Events Manager
Department: Strategy and Development within Mission & Mobilization
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS is building a movement of millions of people in the United States to increase the Church’s impact and influence in combatting global poverty, violence, and injustice. Animated by our Catholic faith’s call to action to alleviate suffering and create a more just world for the world’s poorest, most marginalized and most vulnerable people, CRS’ movement building strategy calls forth leaders to be prophetic advocates for justice and the common good.
As the Mission & Mobilization (M2) division, invites millions to support of CRS’ mission and strategic priorities, it is the primary responsibility of the Strategy & Operations (S&O) team to increase operational excellence across the division, for maximum impact. The S&O team accomplishes this by facilitating the establishment a clear and aspirational M2 strategy and roadmap for the division’s key initiatives, superior operational standards (procedures and governance), clear and streamlined business processes, communications, and collaboration, while supporting staff with access to appropriate training and resources to develop the competencies, skill sets and knowledge to excel in their roles.
The Events and Operations Coordinator is pivotal to the successful functioning of the M2’s national events strategy. This position will work closely with colleagues across M2 to oversee and manage the logistics for national events – in person and virtual, Spanish and English – and ensure we are operating in streamlined and systematic capacities to ensure all events are engaging and successful.. You will be vital to the successful development and execution of M2’s national event and logistics strategy, resource fulfillment and business processes, negotiating leases and contracts with various vendors, orchestrating the usage of the division’s virtual production platforms, and project management along with supporting M2 operations as needed. Lastly, this position will also facilitate revenue reporting and reconciliation for CRS Rice Bowl.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
Event Production, Business Processes and Support Resources
- Arrange and implement all activity needed to successfully support bi-lingual event operations and fulfillment, and liaises with all field event planning efforts, including but not limited to event budgets, vendor contracts, travel, and resourcing events; collaborates closely with Content and Action Team and field staff in realization of event needs and objectives.
- Develop and maintain bilingual guidance documents for M2 users to successfully carry out our bi-lingual events strategy
- Train and keep up-to-date support processes documentation so it may be used to educate and train M2 staff on event production needs.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to design, create, and update supplementary bilingual event support resources such as event guides, script templates, and event management platforms process guidance for volunteer chapters leaders whose preferred language is Spanish.
- Coordinate with Hispanic Engagement and Church Engagement to provide event management support for in-person conferences, workshops and events.
- Facilitates departmental adherence to event management and fulfillment policies and procedures, in close collaboration with the Operations Manager and the S&O team.
- Adapt resources for bilingual audiences and create accessibility by working within S&O events team and broader agency, using established systems and platforms
- Manages logistics for in-person events and trips, including travel and other itinerary items.
- Support Rice Bowl operational communications (English and Spanish) and tasks as needed
- Highlight gaps, needs, and growing trends with supervisor so appropriate guidance and resources may be provided to the S & O events teams to address these needs and trends
Coordination & Innovation
- Coordinate on a regular basis with M2 staff to:- Support production team and event leads with logistics and guidance
- Advise on technology needs and areas of support for events (virtual and in person)
- Identify trends in tools/technology and common gaps or issues to address
- Advise Ops and Events Manager to develop, document, and socialize improved business processes that leverage CRS technologies and capabilities. Example: research and gather data on calendaring tools that meet the requested needs of the division
- Advise and teach staff technology roles and platforms, including fellow bilingual staff
- Liaises with finance department and supports revenue reporting and reconciliation, in support of the Ops and Events Manager
- Proactively contributes to team workload, and other duties as assigned, including project management support.
- Actively and independently seeks opportunities to improve departmental operations, learn departmental priorities and recommends/anticipates upcoming requests.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
Catholic Relief Services was founded in 1943 by the Catholic Bishops of the United States. Our mission is to assist the poor and disadvantaged, leveraging the teachings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to alleviate human suffering, promote development of all people, and to foster charity and justice throughout the world. Working through local offices and an extensive network of partners, CRS operates on five continents and in 98 countries. We aid the poor by first providing direct assistance where needed, then encouraging people to help with their own development. Together, these approaches foster secure, productive, just communities that enable people to realize their potential. As the official international relief and development agency of the U.S. Catholic community, CRS is also committed to educating the people of the United States to fulfill their moral responsibilities toward our global brothers and sisters by helping the poor, working to remove the causes of poverty, and promoting social justice.