Requisition ID: req35164
Job Title: Business Analyst
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: London, UK
Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises by providing lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees made to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 28 U.S. cities, serving over 20 million people, the IRC leads the way from harm to home.
This position will sit within the Marketing Technology department, with a dotted line into External Relations. Marketing Technology is responsible for the supporter management platforms (CRM, website, email marketing, donation platforms…) that power the External Relations department. Comprised of Private fundraising, Communications and Advocacy, the External Relations department is at the beginning stages of creating a new radical and ambitious strategy that will enhance IRC’s ability to ‘punch above its weight’ in private income, advocacy and brand awareness, enabling the organization to have the resources needed to continue serving over 20 million people worldwide, shape the humanitarian sector by influencing key policies and reforms and build and grow IRC’s reputation.
Our European headquarters, IRC-UK, were established in London in 1997 to support the organisation’s global activities and particularly to diversify its donor base and be able to better advocate with European policy-makers on behalf of the people we serve. Since its establishment IRC-UK has grown rapidly and is now acknowledged for its high-quality project management, technical expertise in governance and rights and economic recovery, and innovative thinking on early recovery and gender-based violence. IRC-UK comprises approximately 100 staff across five departments.
Job Overview / Summary (What and Why):
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join a brand new team to support the IRC through its digital transformation. That team will also comprise a Project Manager and a Data Quality Manager, and will collectively be responsible for maintaining institutional knowledge about ER business operations and feeding it into its marketing technology strategy, planning and project delivery.
The Business Analyst is primarily responsible for monitoring ER business practices, identifying issues and gaps in usage, and remediating them; for maintaining institutional knowledge of ER business processes and sharing it as needed, notably to power IT project design and implementation. S/he is also responsible for identifying new business needs, documenting and remediating them, either through process enhancement/optimization or by requesting changes in technology; and for designing new business processes in connection to the launch of a new technology product or a new fundraising stream for instance, and ensuring users effectively adopt these processes.
The Business Analyst works closely with Marketing Technology’s Digital Learning & Documentation Manager and with the Data Quality Manager, to provide ongoing support to multiple global teams, helping users to capture and extract high quality information from IRC’s systems. They interact with many stakeholders across the External Relations and Marketing Technology teams, to help strengthen the collaboration between these two departments.
They are a dynamic, self-motivated individual with a passion for data and its impact, comprehensive working knowledge of fundraising and marketing operations, and strong experience around the intersection between data, systems architecture, business process and reporting needs.
· Work in close partnership with the Digital Learning and Documentation Manager to create and maintain documentation of business processes used in External Relations, sharing it as needed to improve general knowledge levels among ER and IT team members.
· Monitor business practices, identifying issues and gaps in usage; draw out business insights, frame key decisions, and provide recommendations for remediating issues. Support with implementing remediations as needed.
· Continuously seek out and evaluate opportunities to further improve business outcomes, efficiency, strategy, and decision-making.
· Represent the business to IRC’s technology teams, notably for project identification, requirements gathering, solution design, and testing to ensure any issues are identified, tracked, reported, and resolved in a timely manner.
· In collaboration with the Data Quality Manager, establish data entry guidance alongside process guidance and work with the Digital Learning and Documentation Manager to ensure this guidance is appropriately disseminated, taught and reinforced.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Director, Marketing Technology
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Close collaboration with colleagues in Europe and the US working in the areas of CRM, digital technology, and analytics across External Relations and IT teams.
External: Collaboration with the external vendors
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Preferred: 2+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or equivalent
- Ability to draw out business insights, frame key decisions, and provide impactful recommendations. Continuously seek out and evaluate opportunities (e.g. integration of new data sources) to improve business outcomes, efficiency, strategy, and decision-making.
· Experience developing product / system requirements through interviews and workshops with stakeholders, analysis of business processes and user challenges, and competitor research.
· Demonstrated aptitude for analyzing business processes, identifying areas to increase efficiency/ improve organizational alignment
· Demonstrated aptitude for designing processes, workflows and protocols to meet new business needs
· Demonstrated ability to structure information; experience in creating technical and user-facing documentation
· Demonstrated ability to maintain positive, collaborative, productive relationships with diverse key stakeholders
· Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Language skills: English (fluent)
- Experience in driving projects to successful conclusion. Ensure timely delivery of tasks and contribute to comprehensive documentation of project scope, objectives, risks, and progress towards goals.
- Ability to lead testing efforts to ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Serve as a subject-matter-expert, representing the business to technology teams. Takes initiative to understand relevant aspects of fundraising, advocacy, and supporter engagement.
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel to generate pivot tables and graphs
· Experience with SQL, BI reporting, and automation technologies
· Training / certification in Agile Methodology (e.g., Scrum Master certification) a plus
· Direct experience working with for a complex, large (ideally not-for-profit) organization
· Experience with Salesforce (ideally NPSP)
· Strong working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Visio or equivalent
· Strong planning and prioritization to meet expected delivery dates and the tasks necessary to achieve objectives
· Passion for and commitment to the IRC’s mission
A collegiate environment working collaboratively across External Relations and broader IRC. Strong sense of transparency and accountability to ensure we are doing right by our beneficiaries and donors, exemplifying the IRC Way.
- The post holder will be required to travel to 3-5 times per year for in-person time with team and learning development opportunities.
- Based in London with opportunities for flexibility working arrangements.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC-UK strives to be an equal opportunities employer. IRC-UK is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.