Base pay: €70K
Sales Comission: €30K
Share Options: £10,000
Based in the Netherlands, must speak Dutch and have the RTW in the Netherlands
At Switchee, we believe that everyone deserves to live in a decent home and that the environments we inhabit have a massive influence on our ability to enjoy life and prosper.
We believe that radical innovation in internet-connected technology can ensure that every resident, every day, is living in a home that allows them to succeed. That’s why our products are built not just on great technology, but on an understanding of what people want from the space they live in.
This approach led us to reimagine the most mundane household object, a thermostat, into a product that automatically reduces energy bills, looks great and offers control to those who want it. We are also revolutionising the way social landlords manage their housing stock with an obsessively tailored SaaS property dashboard and handy alerts on things like when the boiler is going to break.
Our next project is to build the ultimate connected hub for the social home. It’s going to revolutionise the way residents interact with their homes and landlords manage their properties.
We may be only 6 years old, but it’s already been quite a ride. Our first product, the connected Switchee thermostat is already in 75 of the UK’s biggest housing providers.
We’re growing 100% year on year and are backed by some of the best-known investors in technology and social impact. We are a small team of 25 passionate and ambitious people driven by a collective desire to make a positive impact in the housing sector, both for residents and landlords.
Our journey leads us to the Netherlands. Social Housing accounts for 28.7% of the total housing market in the Netherlands, the largest in the EU. A sector with the right values at its core but that has historically struggled to deploy innovations in the home. Many residents still can’t afford to heat their homes and live in cold, moldy properties they can’t be proud of.
We are looking for a motivated individual to be an essential part of our Commercial team, supporting the international expansion and becoming a champion of Switchee in the Netherlands.
As a Business Development Manager you’ll be at the forefront of Switchee’s evolution as we expand internationally and enter Netherlands’ market.
You will establish our presence, connect with Netherlands’ housing associations and launch our product into the market. Because of your efforts, tenants in social housing will save money and energy and live more comfortably. You will enable social landlords to manage their properties more effectively so they can increase their reach, helping more people.
Switchee is new to the Netherlands and you will be our very first hire in this country. You will collaborate closely with Switchee founders, advisors and work closely with our CEO, commercial function and the rest of the business. This role would require you to not only possess great sales and people skills but also an ability to wear multiple hats to be able to support Switchee’s mission. This could involve attending conferences, meeting new clients, launching marketing initiatives and supporting our Product with adapting our solutions to Netherlands’ market.
We are at the cutting edge of social housing adoption of green technologies, playing a critical role in getting to net-zero carbon emissions. A key part of the role will be utilising our case studies to clearly tell the stories that enable landlords to understand energy usage of their housing stock and get the best out of their systems, saving money while also reducing their carbon footprint.
You will report into the Head of Sales and work closely with our Sales, Customer Success and Marketing teams.
As this is our first hire in the country it provides a unique opportunity for you to help us build our first team there and bring our mission to life.
- Generate profitable sales revenues through selling Switchee Smart Hub and data analytics to Social Housing Providers.
- Generate commercial interest in the Switchee product through promotion at exhibitions, trade shows, social media, online webinars, video calls etc.
- Be the first port of call for incoming sales enquiries in your territory.
- Report sales leads/wins/losses/pipeline.
- Proactively look for business development opportunities through networking.
- Actively seek and report back customer requirements and feedback.
We are a company built on a strong technical foundation. You’ll need to grasp and effectively manage a range of solutions, technology platforms and stakeholders. Most importantly you will need initiative and drive.
Who You Are
These are ideal but not required – we will happily consider applicants who we believe can successfully grow into the role, even if they are not 100% qualified. We promote a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture at Switchee:
- Previous experience in launching and selling new products
- Experience in versitility of duties and responsibilities
- Proven track record of successful sales
- Ideally sold to CEO, Board Dir and Exec Dir level within asset management, sustainability, repairs, voids, IT/digital, Finance.
- Problem-solving skills with an emphasis on consultative selling
- Good command of MS/Google Suit and Online presentation skills.
- Experience working with the Internet of Things devices would be a great.
Any of the following would be a plus:
- Familiarity with the Social Housing sector and the challenges faced there
- Experience working in a scaling startup with a high-performance culture
We look for people who share our values and can add to our culture. Values are shared beliefs that guide our decision-making, and culture is how we function as a group and how we live our values as individuals.
- You deeply care about Switchee’s mission; you have a desire to build something revolutionary, that will disrupt an industry, and positively impact people’s lives.
- You care about the environment, are interested in energy efficiency and have thought about the challenges and opportunities posed by an evolving domestic energy market.
- You like technology and neat solutions to complex problems.
- You thrive on challenge and change; you naturally gravitate to the hardest questions first and love thinking differently to solve them.
- You are biased towards action and you’re happiest when you’re “getting stuff done”.
- You’re open, positive and straightforward. You’re not afraid to stand up for your convictions, even when it’s hard to do so.
- You celebrate your colleagues’ successes and thrive on your failures; you grasp any opportunity for learning and personal growth.
We like to keep things simple and flexible at Switchee and consider you to be joining our family:
- 25 Days Holidays + Netherland Public Holidays + Unlimited Holiday Policy, so you can take as much as you want! No need to count those Christmas break days anymore!
- Everyone at Switchee enjoys flexible working hours and is the master of their own routine.
- We are all working remotely, so you can work from anywhere.
- We will provide you with all the necessary equipment to work from home in a safe and enjoyable manner.
- When we are not under lockdowns, we socialise together with regular outings in London and an annual “working remotely” trip where you have the option (but no obligation) to join us in working from a fun location.
- We look for people who share our values and can add to our culture. Values are shared beliefs that guide our decision-making, and culture is how we function as a group and how we live our values as individuals.
- We are hosting regular Virtual Socials and keep finding creative ways of staying connected with each other.
- We provide an L&D budget and access to our Switchee Library, where you can request new books monthly.