Website DT Global
Washington, D.C. – Home Office
DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition – we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world.
Overview: DT Global is seeking experts on Democracy, Human Rights and Governance (DRG) with experience in business development, proposal writing and project implementation for future consulting opportunities. DT Global is building a talent pool of available DRG advisors and technical experts to support proposal development and/or project implementation on short or long term opportunities, as needs are identified. Preferred areas of technical expertise include: anti-corruption, good governance, legislative strengthening, rule of law, security sector reform, decentralization, economic governance, civil society strengthening and local capacity development in governance.
The primary donor for proposal efforts and project implementation will be USAID . Assignments will be needs based and shared with the consultant pool on an ongoing basis. The details below outline anticipated requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Review assigned DRG solicitations and ensure responsiveness to all solicitation requirements, in line with donor and DT Global best practices
- Serve as a Technical Lead on capture trips to gather intel on upcoming DRG-focused RFIs and RFTOPs. Liaise where appropriate with possible partners and USAID Mission personnel
- Write technical sections on assigned proposals within the schedule established by the BD proposal manager, address feedback, and provide input for the reviews of each draft
- Work with the technical team to identify and advise on the most appropriate performance, and where necessary, context indicators in support of the technical approach
- Ensure coordination and alignment of technical design with all Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA), and Adaptive Management approaches and methods through close engagement with the MEL writers during proposal preparation
- For USAID proposals, ensure adherence to ADS 201
- Serve as technical advisor on project implementation, based on area of technical expertise and project needs
- Provide short or long term technical expertise or surge support on DRG projects, both in the field and home office.
- Assist with report writing and project evaluations
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in social or political science; Master’s degree in social or political science or law degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience supporting USAID and other donor-funded programs designing and implementing DRG programs
- Minimum 2 years providing support to USAID proposal development efforts, including RFP, RFA, and NOFO procurements
- Strong technical writing skills and experience leading the development of DRG proposals, project reports and evaluation in a variety of sub-sectors
- Strong technical background in one or more of the following technical areas is desirable: anti-corruption, good governance, legislative strengthening, rule of law, security sector reform, decentralization, economic governance, civil society strengthening and local capacity development in governance.
- Field experience overseeing and implementing DRG programs is desirable
- Fluency in ADS 201 and USAID regulations and standards related to the program cycle
- Familiarity with DRG sector specific monitoring and context indicator development desirable
- Experience designing and/or using DRG learning agendas is desirable
- Ability to travel internationally
- Advanced foreign language competency in French, Arabic or Spanish encouraged
Deliverables: The consultant(s) specific deliverables will be determined by project needs and the specific engagement.
Anticipated Duration: The consultant(s) period of performance could range anywhere between two weeks and six months, with actual periods of performance based on the nature of the work and type of assignment.
- TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
- ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.