- Organization: FAO – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: various locations
- Grade: Volunteer Programme – Both Nationally and Internationally recruited
- Occupational Groups:
- Project and Programme Management
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Closing Date: 2022-08-25
• FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
• Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
• Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
•FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
• All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
• All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With over 194 member states, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide. We believe that everyone can play a part in ending hunger.
The FAO Regular Volunteer Programme provides opportunities for individuals to contribute their volunteer actions, where suitable, to the UN Sustainable Development Goalsand FAO’s Strategic Framework tosupport the 2030 Agenda through the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri-food systems for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
The Programme proactively and strategically mobilizes broad-based volunteer services of citizens of the member nations to contribute to end hunger, malnutrition and food insecurity.
The volunteer will report to an assigned supervisor.
The volunteer may be assigned in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
Tasks and responsibilities
The volunteer will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR) prepared by the hiring office before the beginning of the assignment and agreed by the volunteer.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have completed secondary school education. Please also note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, English, Russian or Spanish).
- Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Candidates must be aged 18 or older.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment, have good communication skills and be knowledgeable in the use of basic computer programmes.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother, father, son or daughter) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Volunteer Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the country of assignment.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Relevant working or research experience in one of the fields of the Organization.
Information to applicants
- Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non- and under-represented member nations as well as candidates from Small Island Developing States (SIDS), Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and Land-locked Developing Countries (LLDCs) are encouraged to apply to this Call for Expression of Interest.
- All applications will be reviewed and only qualified applicants will be directly contacted for interviews by the hiring office and contacted again, if selected.
- FAO does not provide any remuneration to volunteers.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills.
- You are requested to attach a letter of motivation and copy of your academic qualifications to the online profile.
- Once your profile is completed, please apply and submit your application.
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided on your online profile.
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered.
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
To apply for this job please visit jobs.fao.org.