Website WEConnect International
Job Title: Chief Development Officer
Level: Executive Level Position
Main Purpose of the job:
Lead, grow, and sustain the philanthropic revenue stream of
WEConnect International. Oversee all efforts and engagements of WEConnect International
in fundraising spaces, with a particular focus on foundations, corporations, multilateral
organizations, and federal agencies. Provide education and mentorship to staff involved in
fundraising efforts across the organization. Leverage WEConnect International’s executive
and regional teams for strategic outreach, engagement, cultivation, and stewardship of
WEConnect International Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder
Organization Information: WEConnect International, a global non-profit, helps improve the
lives of women across the world by supporting the growth of businesses that are owned,
managed, and controlled by women. Since 2009, WEConnect International has provided
education, certification, and connections to women-owned business around the world—all
aimed at forging relationships with global companies and other large buyers. WEConnect
International has built a network of large member buyers representing over $1 trillion in annual
purchasing power and are true pioneers in a global movement to expand opportunities for
women-owned businesses through procurement policies and practices.
Core Values and Culture: As we continue to grow our impact, WEConnect International will
attract and hold accountable members, partners, staff, and stakeholders based on these core
values, which help to define our culture, brand, and operational strategies.
• Embrace Diversity and Inclusion to Unleash Potential
• Demonstrate Passion for Women’s Economic Empowerment
• Make a Positive Difference in the World
• Deliver Stakeholder Value
• Exemplify Integrity in Everything We Do
• Pursue Teamwork with a Shared Vision and Purpose
• Embrace Openness, Trust, and Candid Communication
WEConnect International has been growing steadily with a particular focus on
expanding its community of corporate members and seeking significant grants from
corporations, foundations, multi-lateral organizations, and federal agencies. Building on this
success, WEConnect International is now ready to dramatically accelerate growth in
To put the key elements of success in place, WEConnect International has devised a road map
for fundraising—focused on corporations and foundations while expanding multilateral and
government partnerships. Co-Founder and CEO Elizabeth Vazquez has an extensive
ecosystem of connections. She is also a well-recognized thought leader in the global effort to
open doors to the corporate community for women-owned businesses. Moreover, the executive
team has deep knowledge and experience forging collaborations with multilateral organizations
This leadership position requires that the individual is mission-focused, driven, strategic,
collaborative, creative, and process-minded. They will serve as the primary mentor and thought
leader around fundraising for the organization and build on approaches to leverage
WEConnect International’s connections in the fundraising space. They will devise and execute
strategies, establish appropriate performance indicators for the fundraising team, and optimize
operations and technology for productivity and effectiveness.
The ideal candidate will have significant prior experience leading teams that raise millions from
foundations and corporations with a collaborative approach. They will have supported or led
efforts to secure government funding. They may have run foundation relations and/or a
corporate partnership team at a larger organization with demonstrated success in growing
contributed revenue. They will have guided all levels of leadership in securing six- to eight figure grants or other forms of funding from foundations, corporations, multilateral
organizations, and/or federal agencies.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
• Formulate a long-term growth strategy in collaboration with executive leadership.
• Devise annual and long-term fundraising plans and ensure alignment with strategic planning.
• Collaborate with the CEO, the leadership team, and regional staff in executing strategic
outreach and engagement with potential and existing funders—focusing on foundations,
corporations, multilateral organizations, and federal agencies.
• Devise, track, and communicate annual and long-term fundraising projections and
• Support the CEO in Board development and education on fundraising.
• Manage day-to-day activities of the fundraising team and mentor staff to maximize their
performance and grow in their abilities.
• Collaborate with internal marketing and outside fundraising experts providing support in
messaging, approaches, and technology.
• Oversee the creation of the highest quality proposals and reports.
• Vet and oversee contractors and consultants, especially grant writers, technology
specialists, and operations experts.
• Review and refine fundraising operations.
• Oversee a stewardship effort to ensure funders fully understand the impact of their giving.
• Ensure close collaboration with other operations, especially in the creation of proposal
financials, budgets, and expenditure reports.
• 10+ years of experience in fundraising with a deep knowledge of foundations and corporations.
• 5+ years experience in managing and growing fundraising teams.
• Demonstrated ability to close deals of six- to eight-figure grants and other funding in
collaboration with staff at all levels.
• Proven ability in project management, especially in submitting complex grant proposals such
as those required by federal agencies.
• Demonstrated ability for strategic interactions with funding decision-makers, such as
foundation program directors, principals of family foundations, Corporate Social
Responsibility teams, and program leads at federal agencies.
• Experience in reviewing and refining fundraising operations, from budgeting to projections to
tracking interactions, dashboards, reports, and deadlines in a CRM.
• Understanding and experience in leveraging the expertise of regional staff in outreach and
engagement of foundations and corporations.
• Experience in communicating fundraising goals, strategies, and performance indicators to all
levels of staff and Board members.
• Ability and experience in mentorship and education around fundraising.
• Collaborative in nature and strong emotional intelligence.
• Proven track record of winning large grants from federal agencies and/or multilateral
organizations is a plus.
• Experience in fundraising for a global organization is a significant plus.
• Familiarity with Microsoft 365 and working in a PC/Laptop environment with Dell equipment.
To apply click on the following link:
WEConnect International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment will be
based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on
race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit media-weconnectinternational-org.s3.amazonaws.com.