Website DCB Commercial Bank
Chief Manager Risk & Compliance
Dar es Salaam
DCB Commercial Bank
Chief Manager – Risk & Compliance is responsible to the Managing Director and is the overall In-charge of Risk & Compliance Department.
- Fraud and Investigation Manager
- Senior Risk and Compliance Officer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and Maintain risk management strategies, principles, framework and provide independent oversight thereof.
- Identify, develop, analyze and review credit risk decision models and associated procedures to ensure credit risk decision tools used are appropriately used.
- As the member of senior management of the bank (EXCOM) participate fully in all management committee and meetings.
- Ensure that reporting requirements are aligned with BOT, TRA, PCCB, OSHA, TCRA, CMSA e.t.c on various regulatory matters impacting the bank to ensure timely resolution.
- Engage and coach management and business units on risk management.
- Identify current and emerging risks in the daily operations of the Bank.
- Monitor the potential risks on a continual basis and brief the Managing Director on any situation that needs prompt action.
- Develop risk tolerance limits for the bank’s Management and Board approval and periodic review of same.
- Coordinate development and review of policies periodically to ensure they adequately address the Bank’s exposure to the risks for approval by the Board.
- Develop risk alerts and identification inherent in all the business units in the Banks.
- Monitor market, economic and financial trends both within and outside the Bank and their impacts, and advise management on how to minimize risk exposure.
- Report on incidences of violation of policies to management in order to maintain effective risk management culture.
- Carries out analysis of the risks associated with new products, processes and systems to determine the Bank’s ability to manage those risks before venturing into it and provide guidance on what to do to minimize exposure.
- Prepare periodical reports to guide and assist the Management in understanding the Bank’s level of exposure to risks for proper and strategic mitigating interventions.
- Carry out researches and due diligence analysis of other banks and financial institutions risk management issues to ensure that the Bank is not left behind by other peers.
- Conduct periodic reviews to assess compliance with Bank’s policies, procedures and tolerance limits by all departments and report the same to the Managing Director.
- Create awareness to all sta in the Bank on risk management practices
- Oversee operational risk framework of the bank through various risk champions & manage bank wide controls evaluation process.
- Arrange for departmental sta development and training for improved performance of the Bank.
- Conduct periodic performance appraisal of all direct reports.
- Coordinate business continuity/disaster recovery plan, insurance plan for the bank.
- Ensure prompt management action on internal/External audit findings, BOT examination reports.
- Perform any other related duties assigned by the Managing Director.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- A University Degree and Masters in business related field
- In-depth knowledge of banking industry, related policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Experience in risk management and evaluating business operations
- Strong presentation and reporting
- Professional certification
- Minimum 8-years’ experience in managerial capacity.
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of application hand-signed by the applicant indicating contact addresses including telephone numbers and email addresses;
- Professionally prepared detailed curriculum vitae;
- Certified photocopies of relevant academic certificates;
- Names of at least two referees with complete contact
Submit your Application to [email protected] or drop at DCB HQ Officer at DCB House, Managomeni Usalama, Morogoro Road, Dar es Salaam
To apply for this job please visit dcb.co.tz .