Website Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE)
Scope: The activity will increase Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSME)s productivity through introducing modern technologies, including digitalization and e-commerce, and helping MSMEs become better qualified to access different sources of financing. The activity will also help strengthen the public-private dialogue for successful policy framework implementation and improve North Macedonia’s regional economic integration.
The CoP will be responsible for the overall management, oversight, and implementation of the project, providing technical direction and will guide the entire program with integrity, commitment, and a clear, consistent vision. The CoP will monitor progress to ensure program goals and reporting requirements are met on time and within budget, complying with USAID and CIPE policies and procedures.
The program is anticipated to start in 2023 and this position is based in Skopje, North Macedonia.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the overall strategic planning, implementation, and management of the program
- Provide managerial and technical leadership to develop an integrated approach of program components, participants, government actors, private sector partners, and other stakeholders
- Establishes annual work plans, project teams, and SOPs to meet project goals and ensure compliance with policies
- Provides guidance and mentoring to managers and staff to achieve project goals and develop capacity of project staff
- Establishes and maintains partnerships with internal and external stakeholders on project matters
- Provides leadership to the project team, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, and encourages effective teamwork
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID staff, institutions, and client country partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships
- Support the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation
- Administer the project’s financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with established CIPE accounting principles and USAID regulations
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments
- Ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables complying with USAID and CIPE guidelines
- Foster a work environment of mutual respect where the team strives to achieve excellence
· Experience in managing activities focusing on private sector development, private sector engagement, workforce development, and/or business enabling environment
· At least seven years of experience successfully leading complex projects and effectively managing a team of senior subject matter specialists
· Proven ability to coordinate and collaborate with a broad and diverse set of stakeholders while maintaining effective working relationships with government officials, public agencies, companies, CSOs, members of academia, and other development partners
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID rules and regulations is highly desired
- Experience working in the Southeast European or Western Balkan context preferred
· Fluency in English required
To apply for this job please visit cipe.applytojob.com.