Management Systems International (MSI)
The Yemen Continuous Learning and Evaluation (YCLE) program provides rapidly deployed, robust, on-the ground, in-country oversight of USAID funded development activities implemented in Yemen. The YCLE Contractor supports the prudent use of U.S. taxpayer funds in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on: (1) Performance and Contextual Monitoring and Verification Services; (2) Evaluation Services; (3) Analysis and Reporting Services; (4) Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptive Management Services; and (5) Program Support Services. The overall goal of YCLE is to enable USAID/Yemen to become a more effective and adaptive development organization.
**Please note: Only U.S. citizens are eligible for this position.**
MSI is seeking a Chief of Party with experience leading international development projects. The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of international development programming and management experience, with the ability to recruit and supervise short-term U.S., third-country and local experts, and have strong experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably of USAID projects. The Chief of Party will be MSI’s primary representative in the field and must be capable of representing MSI effectively to USAID, host country governments and other stakeholders.
- Provide overall leadership for the implementation of the project while ensuring compliance with USAID requirements and regulations and MSI policies and procedures.
- Oversee fulfillment of all contract delivery requirements including reports.
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subcontractors to achieve project objectives and targets and ensure timely implementation.
- Oversee internal management of the project including budget, procurement, and security.
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID, counterparts, and stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in public administration, international relations, economics, business administration, law or a related field is required.
- Minimum eight years of experience working in project management in developing countries required, preferably including experience in the Middle East.
- Substantial technical experience in monitoring and evaluation of international development projects, preferably for USAID is required.
- Demonstrated ability to assemble, quickly and effectively, and to manage a highly skilled, interdisciplinary team; to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors; and to implement detailed, organized, timely, accurate M&E programs.
- Prior experience as Chief of Party, or its equivalent, is preferred.
- Experience implementing projects in Yemen, the region or conflict environment preferred.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, management, resourcefulness, and integrity.
- English fluency required.
- Arabic Fluency preferred.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit tetratech.referrals.selectminds.com.