Website Partners In Health (PIH)
Position Overview and General Responsibilities:
The Child Care Lead main responsibilities will be to assure that quality pediatric health services are being provided at all PIH/MOH supported facilities in Maryland at Primary and secondary level. S/he will oversee and lead the strategic planning of PIH’s Child care department which includes but not limited to leading medical education programs and mentorship for family medicine and pediatrics residents and medical students, providing direct patient care alongside the Ministry of Health clinical staff at JJ Dossen Hospital and Pleebo Health Center, conduct trainings and educational seminars on pediatrics diseases, mentoring junior mentor pediatricians appointed to Maryland by the MOH and assisting with writing and management of grants related to child care and malnutrition programs. S/he will be responsible for working in close coordination with the Ministry of Health and Maryland County Health Team, specially the medical director of JJD as well as PIH’s Monitoring and Evaluation Community Health, Research ,and Nursing Departments.
- Lead the strategic planning for the Department of Child Care
- Manage and carry out the work plans for the Child care department
- Attend morning clinical rounds at JJ Dossen Hospital with site visits to Pleebo Health Center and eventually Karloken Health Center
- Mentor MoH clinician Pediatrics/family medicine residents, medical students, physician assistants and nurses during morning rounds
- Elaborate and conduct pediatric medical education seminars for MoH staff, residents, medical students and nurses and physician assistants
- Collaborate with the Maternal Health department to update the curriculum and conduct EmONC sessions for trainees
- Provide technical assistance with grant writing and grant management on pediatric and malnutrition related grant opportunities and projects
- Provide clinical expertise both local and central level MoH meetings and technical working groups related to pediatrics topics.
- Work in close coordination with the Ministry of Health staff who work on the pediatric national protocol and participate in session under the PIH clinical department and JJD medical direction to establish JJD pediatric ward protocols or updating the existing protocols
- Work with pharmacy and clinical ops in the forecasting and procurement of essential pediatric drugs
- Work with M&E team to track, monitor, and analyze key indicators of child health.
- Assist the clinical team in developing CME program at JJ Dossen Hospital and Pleebo Health Center for child care capacity building.
- Perform guest lectures and clinical education classes at Tubman University.
- Assist M&E program with data analysis and dissemination of information.
- Medical Doctor Degree required with Board Certification in Pediatrics.
- At least 4 years’ experience of practice Pediatrics or 2 years’ experience in managing a pediatric service as a preceptor.
- 3-5 years of experience in medical education mentoring, and training healthcare providers (including residents, interns, PAs and Nurses)
- Proof of background in implementation research including quality improvement and programmatic M&E monitoring
- Willingness to work and live in a rural setting in Liberia.
- Professional fluency in English required.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural setting
- Background in leadership and management.
- A subspecialty in pediatrics
- Experience in grant writing and management.
- Masters of Public Health preferred.
- Experience working in public health system, Ministry of Health systems
- Substantive experience in global health.
- Self-driven, confident and articulate with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with professionals at all levels in diverse settings; must be flexible, reliable, responsive, and resourceful.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Comfort working in teams as well as acting independently.
Commitment to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Sexual Harassment:
At Partners in Health, we are committed to ensuring that those who benefit from our work- including our patients, families and community members – as well as our staff are treated with dignity and respect and protected from sexual exploitation, abuse and sexual harassment. A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Partner in Health’s PSEAH policy. Partner in Health will request information from applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with ministries of health to build local and national clinical capacity, and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality healthcare, address the root causes of disease, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global healthcare policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we also support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health/Liberia (PIH-LIB) is a Harvard-affiliated international NGO that has partnered with the Government of Liberia to strengthen health systems since 2014. PIH/LIB works in close collaboration with the Government of Liberia to strengthen the public-sector health systems and to scale up innovative health care delivery models at community, district and national level.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.