Ghana Health and Education Initiative
GHEI is recruiting for a Communications and Development Officer (CDO) to be based in Humjibre, Ghana. If you are entrepreneurial and ready to go on this journey with us, read on….
WE ARE SALARY TRANSPARENT –
Salary: The CDO will receive a salary of 1200 Ghana Cedis, which is sufficient to local conditions. This salary is non-negotiable.
Housing: In Humjibre, the CDO will also receive free housing and kitchen on-site for the duration of the agreement. The CDO will also receive monthly reimbursement for internet and work-related travel.
Vacation: The CDO receives 25 days of holiday a year.
For Candidates Not Currently Based in Ghana: If coming from overseas, the CDO will receive initial transport to Humjibre from Accra and all necessary immigration registrations and documents for foreign residents in Ghana. No other relocation costs are provided.
Reports to: In-country, this position reports to GHEI’s Country Director. Functionally, the CDO will report to the remote-based Executive Director who will oversee professional development progress and accomplishment of deliverables.
Position Description: This position entails working closely with both GHEI’s local Ghanaian staff and the Global Support Team to manage GHEI’s organizational publicity and web-based marketing. The CDO is responsible for promoting GHEI’s work through social media and blogging, website, developing online promotional and fundraising campaigns, coordinating donor reporting and relations and writing and editing reports intended for Ghanaian and Western stakeholders. This position requires a great deal of flexibility since responsibilities can change greatly throughout the year. Other essential qualities include creativity, an outgoing personality, thoughtfulness, initiative, and an ability to live and work in a challenging, resource poor environment.
- Develop and implement annual communications plans and assist with long-term plans to leverage GHEI’s existing resources in order to solidify funding opportunities.
Donor Relations and Experience(25%)
- Cultivate and manage relationships with existing and new donors through high quality interactions, seeking to foster long term engagement and investment.
- Work with local staff to co-manage information tracking processes regarding acknowledgement, recognition, on-going communications with individual donors.
- Prepare and disseminate periodic reports, newsletters and program specific reports to stakeholders and support all aspects of its production, in compliance with specific requirements and ensure reports are submitted on time.
- Write, edit and ensure overall editorial quality of periodic and program specific reports.
Website Management (5%)
- As necessary, create and publish engaging content on GHEI’s website.
- Regularly review website performance and carry out updates and maintenance.
Social Media Management and Analysis(15%)
- Diversify, manage and maintain GHEI’s social media presence through regular content production that highlight ongoing health and education initiatives, success stories and raise awareness of GHEI’s catchment communities, mission, vision and values.
- Conceptualize campaigns and execute social media strategy in support of fundraising efforts.
- Track, monitor and analyze social media presence by assessing performance under key indicators such as reach, engagement, website/page visits and followers.
- Photograph program activities, conduct interviews with beneficiaries and write compelling human-interest stories
- Produce engaging promotional/informational communication materials including flyers, videos, infographics, quote cards, reports etc.
- Manage and maintain a hard drive containing all communications materials, including up-to-date photographs, fact sheets etc
Volunteer Program Marketing and Coordination (15%)
- Provide recruitment and marketing support to GHEI’s volunteer program (Summer, Serve and Learn, Ghana) via email marketing, online promotion, alumni engagement etc
- As necessary, provide logistical and administrative support including pre-departure communication with volunteers and on-site programming and coordination. The CO should be prepared to assume a mentoring role with the volunteers as they adjust to life in Humjibre. There may be up to four (4), two-week summer volunteer sessions.
How to apply
To apply, please send a cover letter, your resume/C.V (no more than 2 pages). and a list of 3 references (including their email) to [email protected] with ‘HPC-Your Name’ as the subject line. Applications without all three requirements will not be considered.
Only applicants that are selected for further consideration will be contacted for interviews. The application period will remain open until we find the right person.
To apply for this job please visit ghei.org.