ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
You will be responsible for the design, implementation, and management of the Internews’ updated and new compensation and benefits programs across the Internews US and UK headquarters. This program includes the creation of a new compensation structure and job architecture and that program’s administration, and the strategic development of international benefits packages. You will have a high impact and hands-on role where you will identify needs and influence long-term planning and strategic changes. You will develop and administer Internews’ compensation, job architecture, and benefits programs and manage our portfolio of insurances, fringe budget, policies, and programs. You will also ensure our market and industry competitiveness, legal compliance, and cost effectiveness.
Internews has US offices in Arcata, CA and Washington, DC which support a hybrid workforce with staff working remotely, fully in-office or partially remote. This is a remote-based role, and candidates based on the East Coast of the US will be considered. The successful candidate will be based in the Eastern time zone (UTC -5), and will coordinate with colleagues across the United States and in the UK.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so interested candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
Compensation Program Management
- Creates, implements, maintains, and administers a multi-layered compensation and job architecture philosophy and program which supports company mission and objectives.
- Facilitates the ongoing development and administration of Internews’ compensation program to include market analysis and making recommendations for salary range updates, bonus plan administration, merit review/administration, and salary administration.
- Develops and facilitates compensation and job architecture guidance and trainings for all managers and staff, and specialized materials for use by country offices implementing the new strategy.
- Prices new positions during organizational restructure or strategic personnel planning.
- Develops and administers meaningful and comprehensive global employee recognition program.
- Advises program budgeting staff on appropriate salary levels for proposals.
- Manages executive compensation reviews as requested.
Benefits Program Management
- Strategically assesses the effectiveness of current employee compensation plans and benefits packages in achieving organizational objectives.
- Plans and manages the implementation and administration of all employee benefit plans including annual renewal cycles and contract review and negotiations. Collaborates with external partners, ensuring contract fulfillment.
- Plans the open enrollment process and benefits related communications and education year-round.
- Partners with 401(k) plan administrator and fiduciary committee to manage the company retirement plan, including acting as the fiduciary committee secretary and vendor liaison.
- Serves as a resource for escalated or complex employee benefit and leave related matters.
Analysis and Reporting:
- Tracks legislation related to compensation and benefits and makes recommendations for updates to plans, products, and policies, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for annual reporting and notice requirements including but not limited to ACA, Medicare, EEO-1, California Pay, Vets 100, Non-Discrimination testing, internal and external audits including the 401k audit, etc.
- Participates in compensation surveys, analyze job descriptions and classifications, benchmark jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitiveness and legal compliance of compensation and benefits programs.
- Utilizes internal and external resources such as ERP, HRIS, vendor databases, benchmarking, market data, and performance review cycles to provide regular metrics reports on the effectiveness of compensation and benefits programs and to forecast the effectiveness of recommended updates.
- Serves as resource for the Compensation and Benefits modules within HRIS through testing and continuous improvement.
- Adhere to privacy in confidential information associated with company information, including compliance and promotion company policies and procedures relating to Personal Identifiable Information.
- Work with other key members of the People & Culture team to maintain job descriptions and to ensure descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed by incumbents.
- Communicate actively with Accounting, Finance, Operations, HR and other departments to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
- Manage data in accordance with the company’s record retention policies and procedures and state and federal laws and regulations.
- Oversees the time and attendance policy and paid leave policies and advises on employee questions.
- Responds to and manages unemployment claims and workers compensation cases.
- Proactively develops new HR benefits, rewards, and compensation policies, guidance, templates, and forms as needed and develops relevant communications with staff.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the management of both compensation programs and benefits packages with an emphasis on equity.
- Experience developing and managing complex compensation and job architecture structures, with preference given to those who have developed compensation strategies in an international setting.
- Experience developing and managing benefits packages including producing metrics, managing budgets, and negotiating insurance contracts with vendors, brokers, and consultants.
- Sound knowledge of the regulatory and legislative impacts to both compensation and benefits programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) certification, SHRM-SCP, SPHR or equivalent is a plus.
- Experience working for an international organization and/or the non-profit sector strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and HR database programs.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to negotiate conflict and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to translate detailed information to various audiences with varying levels of subject matter knowledge.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines, accomplish complex work in order of priority.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.