Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI-FR)
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale:
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
- Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in UKRAINE
PUI intervenes in Ukraine since 2015, in response to the needs provoked by the conflict in Donbass. PUI develops its integrated approach with health, mental health, protection and WASH projects to improve and restore equitable access to quality health services as well as to water, sanitation and hygiene for the most vulnerable population living in cities located along the contact line in the Donetsk Oblast. PUI also technically and materially assists a large network of Health Facilities and social institutions to improve the quality of care provided to the population.
Given the scale of the needs provoked by the conflict with Russia, PUI and four other INGOs are joining their experiences and technical capacities to implement an emergency multisector project including in WASH, MHPSS, Health, Logistics, Protection and Cash Assistance. The extensive geographical coverage of this project will allow responding to the most critical needs accross the country.
What about the Consortium Logistics Coordinator?
As Consortium Logistics Coordinator, you will coordinate synergies, processes, procurement with the logistics departments of Première Urgence Internationale and all partners NGO and stakeholders. You will also be committed to the respect, compliance and efficient implementation of related policies, rules, procedures and good practices according to the donor processes.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Supply Chain : You will coordinate to ease the work of supply chain for consortium partners. You will ensure that procedures, policies and tools linked with purchases, transport and storages are well used and compliant with donor requirements.
- Support logistics management: You will ensure that all teams have the means, resources and tools they need to carry out their activities. You will actively contribute to the dimensioning of the mission in terms of materials, equipment, services allowing a well functioning of the bases.
- Strategy: You will take proactive approach and monitor on the consortium logistics strategy including supply chain, support and logistics operations.
- Coordination: You will consolidate and share logistics related information, data at partners levels.
- Representation: You will represent the organization in forums, amongst partners, authorities and different local actors involved in the logistics fields.
The challenges that await you:
1. To ensure that the logistic requirements (procurement, processes, etc.) from the donor are understood and applied by al the partners 2. To support to the consortium members in the updates of the tools and templates to ensure they match with the donor requirements 3. To propose common Logistic tools and coordination mechanisms to the consortium members to allow a consolidated follow up and a reporting to the donor 4. To coordinate with the logistic departments of partner NGO and identify potential synergies in terms of means, procurements, processes 5. To coordinate with external stakeholders (logistics networks, etc.) to ease the work of consortium members 6. The area being under international sanctions, the applicant must be aware of the risks and suppliers environment.
What you will need to succeed
You hold a Bachelor’s or Master‘s degree in logistics (purchases, transport, etc.)
Strengthened by minimum 2 years of logistics experience in the humanitarian sector, you also have a general management experience. An experience in a similar field and with cluster, RLH, donors will be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
You demonstrate strong organisational, representation and communications skills. You have a high level of knowledge of procurement and supply chain in Humanitarian Context. A strong work ethic, calm manner and positive attitude will be very appreciated.
You demonstrate an ability to take initiatives and responsibilities. You have a sense of diplomacy and negotiation, good analytical and judgmental skills and you are pragmatic. You demonstrate good organization, management of priorities, an ability to adapt and to delegate. You have the sense of commitment and ethics. You have a good resistance to stress.
English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Russian and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« A new position to be embodied in a dynamic context of a significant increase in the emergency response of PUI in Ukraine. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Executive with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2,650.00 – 3,130.00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
To apply for this job please visit premiere-urgence.csod.com.