Website UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Organization: UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: Consultant – Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Communication and Public Information
- Translations and Languages
- Children’s rights (health and protection)
- Scientist and Researcher
- Documentation and Information Management
- Design (digital, product, graphics or visual design)
- Closing Date: 2022-10-23
The Social Policy and Economic Analysis Section, UNICEF East Asia Pacific Regional Office (EAPRO) is seeking a videographer/video editor to: 1. Video interviews with a total of up to 25 participants; interviews to be conducted by a UNICEF – appointed staff member. 2. Photograph (headshots) all participants interviewed. 3. Video discussions from two panel sessions, in order to capture key conversations and generate footage from the meeting floor. The exact agenda will be share once the contractor is on board.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfilling their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a better future
UNICEF works to ensure the rights of all children in the East Asia and Pacific Region. This means the rights of every child living in this country, irrespective of their nationality, gender, religion or ethnicity, to:
- survival – to basic healthcare, peace and security;
- development – to a good education, a loving home and adequate nutrition;
- protection – from abuse, neglect, trafficking, child labour and other forms of exploitation; and
- participation – to express opinions, be listened to and take part in making any decisions that affect them
How can you make a difference?
The Social Policy and Economic Analysis Section, UNICEF East Asia Pacific Regional Office (EAPRO) is seeking a videographer/video editor to:
1. Video interviews with a total of up to 25 participants; interviews to be conducted by a UNICEF – appointed staff member.
2. Photograph (headshots) all participants interviewed.
3. Video discussions from two panel sessions, in order to capture key conversations and generate footage from the meeting floor. The exact agenda will be share once the contractor is on board.
1. A professionally-edited explainer video, under three minutes in duration, based on a pre-approved script, excerpts from interviews conducted and – possibly – footage from the floor. The final product is expected to have high production values: using video recorded at the meeting, images, an agreed soundtrack (to be sourced by the videographer/video editor) have a narrative voiceover (added after the footage has been selected: the cost of the voiceover artist should be included in this proposal) and be subtitled in English. The video will be edited with direction from the Communications Consultant, with up to three rounds of changes.
2. Up to 25 interviews with participants: both the full interview footage and, working with the Communications Consultant, edited excerpts of between 30 seconds and one minute in length.
3. Professional high-resolution and web-ready headshots of all those interviewed.
4. Footage of presentations and conversations from the two panel sessions outlined above.
The videographer/video editor will be expected to provide all professional equipment, including cameras, microphones (including ideally lapel mics), lighting equipment for the interviews and the software – Final Cut Pro or similar video editing software.
The assignment will be carried out with the approximate of 6 working days during 24 October – 30 November 2022.
|Task 1: Creation of a brief explainer video||
|Task 2: Up to 25 interviews with participants||Product 2: Full interview footage
Product 3: Edited excerpts of between 30 seconds and one minute in length,
NB. Two interviews will have to be done outside the format of the event and will be shared with the consultant to edit in same fashion.
|Task 2: Photographs||Product 4: Professional high-resolution and web-ready headshots of all those interviewed.||1 day|
|Task 3: Videos from the Panel discussions in Panels 1 and 4 (according to the Attached agenda)||Product 5: Footage of presentations and conversations from the two panel sessions outlined above.
Duration of Contract: 24 October – 30 November 2022 with the maximum of 6 working days
Official Travel: Travel to and from Bangkok or the meeting venue will not be reimbursed. Exception will be made, in case the consultant selected is based outside Thailand.
Work Location: During 26-27 October, the consultant’s workplace will be UNICEF Main Conference Room, UNICEF EAPRO Premise in Bangkok. The rest of the tasks can be done from anywhere.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• At least five years of experience in videography/video editing.
• Experience of editing using Final Cut Pro or similar video editing software.
• Experience of filming meetings.
• Demonstrated experience of conception, production and editing of short videos;
• Experience covering social, humanitarian and development subjects an asset; and
• Experience with UNICEF and /or other UN agencies and INGOs an asset.
List of documents to be submitted from the applicants:
Interested individuals should submit a proposal, with description of their experience, as well as a brief portfolio of work. The technical proposal should include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Short profile, including CV, diploma of videography-related studies, references.
• Brief individual/team portfolio (web links to produced videos) showcasing range of work
• Demonstrated experience in videography
• Production capabilities: quality video production, including related experience with hardware and editing software.
• The proposal should include the total cost for the production, including equipment.
• Residence in Thailand is preferred, but consultants residing outside Thailand can be considered as well.
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV or P-11, full contact information of minimum 3 references, availability, and proposed daily professional fee in USD by 23 October 2022.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People, and Drive for Results.
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children.
To apply for this job please visit www.impactpool.org.