Website DT Global
DT Global is driven by a fundamental commitment to one goal: to work in partnership with communities, governments, and the private sector to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that transform lives beyond expectations. DT Global—launched in 2019—is built on legacy companies AECOM International Development’s Services Sector, Development Transformations, IMC Worldwide, and Cardno International Development. To fulfill its profit-for-purpose mission, DT Global is a key donor to the DT Institute, an independent not-for-profit organization, in support of DTI’s efforts to test new ideas or expand on donor partner priorities with the aim to improve as many lives as possible.
Our global team of almost 2,500 staff and experts work in over 100 countries. We aim to maximize sustainable development impact across a wide range of practice areas, including Conflict Prevention, Stabilization & Transition; Economic Growth; Environment & Infrastructure; Governance; and Human Development. We meet communities where they are on the development spectrum and help them move to where they want to be. Together, we bring over 60 years of experience, relationships, and technical excellence to improve lives around the world on behalf of our partners, clients, and stakeholders.
The Contracts & Compliance Manager has the responsibility to mitigate risks and issues related to financial, contractual and performance risk management for our home and field offices and focuses on process improvements that lead to more effective operations and reporting.
In addition, this position will provide full life-cycle contract administration and procurement support for donor-funded initiatives worldwide. The incumbent will lead budget review/analysis, related training efforts and provide regulatory and compliance guidance to project implementers.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
Preferred: Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPEREINCE
Required: 8-10 years of extensive experience with contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements in a federal government contracting (preferably USAID) environment with understanding of field management and operational issues.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Understanding of US Government regulations; specifically, CFR, FAR and USAID-specific regulations and cost and compliance principles in detail
- Proven experience working with and understanding of other major international donor regulations, especially international aid agencies and foundations
- Must possess a diplomatic disposition to effectively interact with Home and Field Office Teams
- Proven track record of working well with Home and Field Office Teams at all levels and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent conceptual, oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the English language required and a foreign language desirable
- Experience working with international programs, including knowledge of risk, safety and security of project management in developing countries
- Knowledge of international development project implementation and operations
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to manage through systems
- Ability to build and maintain useful and wide-ranging networks of contacts at institution, country or regional level.
- Ability to quickly understand regional/country context and local sensitivities.
- Ability to build and maintain cooperative and productive relationships with an effective range of external contacts.
- Ability to negotiate effectively combining logic and reason with interpersonal sensitivity.
- Travel requirements, Keyboard use, Pulling drawers,
- Lifting papers <10lbs., ETC.
- Travel 2-3x per year for 1.5-2 weeks per trip.
Key Performance Areas: Major Activities/Responsibilities
1. Risk & Fraud Management
- Manage the ID-US Area Operational Risk Register so operational risks are up to date and convey accurate information; serve as the main point of contact for staff questions, manage the EM Risk e-mail account and report on these risks to ID management
- Manage the ID-US Area Corporate Risk Register so the institutional risks reflect the Risk Committee’s assessment of the state of the business area; submit an updated Corporate Risk Register to the Internal Audit & Risk Manager on at least a semi-annual basis
- Lead monthly Risk/Fraud Committee Meetings and follow-up with staff as needed
- Manage the ID-US Area Fraud Register so it is up to date and contains accurate information about fraud incidents; serve as the main point of contact for staff questions, manage the Fraud Hotline e-mail account and report on these incident to ID management
- Identify and lead the discussion on potential exposures in the current operations. In collaboration with Executive Team, develop and implement strategies to mitigate the identified risks.
- Conduct due diligence to ensure consistency with client and statutory requirements and DT Global policies, internally and with subcontractors and counterparts.
- Acts as central point of contact and organizational expert on compliance requirements.
- Develop and implement tracking systems for project and home office to monitor and document compliance with policies and procedures, and specific process corrections assigned.
- Develop and provide training to staff on regulatory requirements for project administration with an emphasis on US government work and building knowledge & capacity amongst staff
- Provide capacity building for subcontract and sub-recipient management
4. Contract Administration
- Administering pre- and post-award activities and ensuring all contractual terms and conditions are adhered to during award implementation.
- Preparing approval requests, seeking clarifications and ensuring that all supporting documentation is complete.
- Maintaining central contract and subcontract files.
- Acting as the primary interface with the Client’s counterparts.
- Preparing, negotiating, and administering agreements with subcontractors and consultants, in compliance with corporate and client regulations.
- Reviewing, negotiating and processing contracts and subsequent modifications, for corporate signature.
- Developing project budget realignments and any required supporting documentation, ensuring they follow standard formats and capture actual as well as projected or estimated cost data.
- Serving as technical resource by responding to compliance-related inquiries and advising on contractual issues.
- Supporting project management staff with contract start up, implementation and close out activities.
- TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
- ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
How to apply
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.