Website UNICEF USA (UUSA)
Controller, Accounting & Finance
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Employment Type:||Regular Full-Time|
UNICEF USA (UUSA) is a private, independent, U.S. nonprofit that exists to deliver impact for children. UNICEF USA advances the global mission of UNICEF by rallying the American public to support the world’s most vulnerable children. We are driven by a shared objective that every child is healthy, educated, protected, and respected. Headquartered in New York City, UNICEF USA has nearly 300 employees across the U.S. with nine regional offices. This year, UNICEF USA raised over $1B in private sector support, advanced legislation, and secured government resources to deliver impact for children. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Position: Controller, Accounting & Finance
Location: New York, NY
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: NYC’s minimum salary for this position is $160,000. This may be adjusted to reflect the cost of labor of a candidate’s work location, if outside of NYC.
The Accounting & Finance team is seeking a knowledgeable Controller who will have oversight over the day-to-day accounting operations, the monthly close process, financial statement preparation, analyses, audits, etc. The Controller will supervise an Accounting Team of six. The position will report to the VP of Finance.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
• Provides overall leadership of full accounting operations including, but not limited to revenue, expenses/payables, reporting, analysis, and audits.
• Develops, revises, and maintains finance policies, procedures, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP.
• Leads process improvements efforts. Demonstrates a continuous improvement mindset by proactively identifying, recommending, and helping implement solutions.
• Develops and prepares monthly financial packet which includes the financial statements and variance analysis.
• Assists with the preparation of Finance Committee and Board of Directors’ materials.
• Assists with the annual budgeting and planning process.
• Prepares various management reports. Analyzes financial performance and trends across departments and makes recommendations to management.
• Maintains relationships with financial institutions.
• Plans, organizes, and oversees annual audit and oversees the preparation of Form 990.
• Actively leads, motivates, develops, and provides support to team members to meet and exceed established goals and timelines. Provides thorough and timely performance evaluations.
• Develops strong working relationships across the organization to better understand business needs and to provide accounting support.
• Assists with special projects, as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
• CPA, CMA, and/or MBA, or equivalent advance degree/certification
• 10+ years’ experience in accounting, preferably in the nonprofit sector
• Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP
• Strong Leadership, Management, planning, and organizational skills are a must.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are a must.
• The ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and work effectively with minimal supervision is essential.
• Data and Technology savvy: able to evaluate new ways to leverage technology to improve processes, and to leverage and model data to inform decision making.
• Experience using NetSuite and familiarity with other ancillary accounting tools (e.g., Adaptive Planning by Workday, Concur, Salesforce, etc.) is a plus
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Intermediate level, or higher Excel skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
• Excellent time management skills demonstrating the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work a flexible schedule; may require extended hours during close weeks and during quarter-ends and yearend.
• Ability to travel domestically, if based remotely
• Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UNICEF USA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.