Website International Republican Institute (IRI)
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day to day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence – We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom – We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect – We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork – We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency – We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability – We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
Reporting to the Senior Administrative Director and working closely with senior financial leadership across the CEPPS consortium, the Controller is a key senior management role for CEPPS and assists the three partners in managing financial reporting, and providing financial planning, forecasting and analysis. The position also plays a key role in the development and maturation of financial forecasting and planning systems, as requested and required. In addition, the position provides a key interface between the accounting and finance teams and leadership across the three CEPPS partners, and the financial reporting and forecasting infrastructure.
The Controller will provide leadership and direction to ensure the development of relevant financial information, and timely financial budgeting and planning and financial reporting for senior CEPPS leadership. The Controller will assist the Senior Administrative Director in managing and controlling the organization’s financial processes, making the necessary changes to upgrade and improve process, policies or procedures, and develop his/her team.
The Controller will ensure alignment with the mission, core values, partnership policies and strategies of CEPPS and will champion the financial and ethical integrity of CEPPS partners, serving as an effective leader of responsible change. In addition, he/she will ensure accountability and compliance with applicable legal, governmental and regulatory requirements.
The Controller will also undertake special projects at the direction of the Senior Administrative Director in areas of financial systems development and other areas to be determined.
- Serves as CEPPS’ main point of contact for the CEPPS’ partners’ Accounting and Finance teams, directly liaising with the Chief Financial Officers, and for the USAID Letter of Credit (LOC) office and USAID Office of Financial Management
- Oversees CEPPS’ financial reporting, monitoring, and accountability systems, including identifying/making any necessary changes to upgrade and improve process, policies or procedures
- Provides strategic analysis of funding and spending levels, and briefs CFOs on a quarterly basis
- Oversees and provides line management for CEPPS Accountant(s) on preparation of financial drawdowns, quarterly and final financial reports, CEPPS quarter-end reconciliations, indirect reimbursements, accrual processing and financial documentation preparation/reviews related to business development
- Manages project financial close-out preparation and documentation
- Oversees the preparation of indirect calculations and coordinates with the Senior Administrative Director on the preparation of annual NICRA proposals
- Oversees the CEPPS annual audit process and contributes to associate award audits as needed, including preparation of documentation requests, analysis, reconciliations, explanations, and ledger support
- Oversees the annual IRS Form 990 preparation and submission.
- Ensures compliance with Federal guidelines under current OMB and CFR standards and provides guidance to others.
- Interacts professionally and collaboratively with CEPPS and others within the CEPPS partner organizations.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Economics (or international equivalent) required; Master’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Economics (or international equivalent) and/or C.P.A (or international equivalent) preferred
- Ten (10) years of accounting experience
- Five (5) years management experience or demonstrated experience providing senior leadership in strategic financial management.
- Experience with large not-for-profit organization or experience with global companies or organizations receiving USG funding
- In-depth knowledge of USG funding and NICRA
- Comprehensive understanding of Federal guidelines under current OMB and CFR standards.
- Experience working with ERPs, electronic workflow and retention systems such as JAMIS Prime, Deltek CostPoint and SharePoint.
- Demonstrated experience providing collaborative and consultative leadership.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office.
- Organized and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and problem solve.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills.
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects and processes simultaneously.
- Well-developed problem-solving and analytical skills. Able to discern alternatives and make objective recommendations and understand how to effectively work internally with other divisions to accomplish goals.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.