Country Operations Manager – (2200002B)
The role holder will be responsible for providing leadership for underwriting, claims, and other areas of general management and ensure delivery of service that meets customer expectations. The role will report to the Chief Executive Officer
In liaison with the Underwriting Manager, ensure that the underwriting policies reflect the country’s strategic risk management framework and are observed at all times;
In liaison with the Claims Manager, ensure that the claims policies reflect the company’s strategic risk management framework and are observed at all times;
Ensure that the company meets operations efficiency in claims and underwriting procedures;
Carry out market intelligence to ensure the company is in tandem with industry trends and adopts pricing mechanisms that ensure profitability;
Put in place control mechanisms that enable a measure of service satisfaction by agents, brokers, customers and the regulator;
Put in place standards for interdepartmental service level agreements that will improve the company’s service ratings;
Set and monitor operational budgets;
Ensure that service to customers and procedures meets their expectations
Manage key relationships with clients, intermediaries and service providers in the market;
In liaison with the Underwriting Manager ensure that the company has in place a robust and optimal reinsurance program
Ensure the establishment and management of a versatile risk survey function
Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time; and
Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
Performing other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Key Performance Measures
- Risk and control self-assessment score
- Customer turnaround time
- Percentage of staff achieving targets
- Key talent retention
- Percentage of processes re-engineered
- Customer Retention & Renewal retention
- Accountable to Chief Executive Officer.
- Responsible for the staff who work under this position
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other staff members across the business.
- External Relationships:
- Britam customers.
- Insurance sector players (Insurance companies, reinsurers, reinsurance brokers, loss adjusters, investigators and garages).
- Intermediaries (Brokers, Agents & Banks)
- Regulatory Authorities (TIRA,TRA and other government agencies)
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree; MBA is an added advantage.
- Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII) or equivalent
- 10 years’ experience, 4-5 of which should be in a managerial capacity in a busy environment. Commercial and general management experience in a company of approximately similar size or larger
- Extensive experience in ensuring operational risks are identified and managed.
- Significant experience in process mapping and restructuring to obtain optimal operations with a focus on cost containment.
- A deep understanding of leveraging technology and processes to standardise operations, reducing turn-around times on all key business processes.
- A demonstrated track record in optimising operations to enhance the overall customer experience at all customer contact points.
Deciding and Initiating Action: Ensures, key organisational objectives are met, takes responsibility for decisions, actions, projects and people while focussing on achievement of strategic results; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; makes quick, clear decisions with limited information available which may include tough choices or considered risks; decisions and actions takes into account possible impact on all parts of the business.
Leading and Supervising: Provides the business with a clear direction based on the overall strategic intent of the organisation; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive organisational climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour.
Relating and Networking: Easily establishes, as well as assists others in building good relationships with customers and staff across all departments, inside and outside of the organisation; relates well to people at all levels; facilitates the resolutions of conflict and manages disagreements with tact and diplomacy.
Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating to the benefit of the organisation, promote the organisational strategy during conversations; makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others; promotes ideas on behalf of oneself, the department or the organisation; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the organisation’s impression and brand on others.
Formulating Strategies and Concepts: Works strategically to realise organisational goals; sets and develops organisational strategies; identifies, develops positive and compelling visions of the organisation’s future potential; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation; encourage others to take a strategic and long term view in terms of the organisation’s future; communicates the organisational strategy, vision and objectives effectively across all levels of the organisation.
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar es Salaam-Dar es Salaam
Organization: International Insurance Business
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Day Job
Contract Type: Full-time
Unposting Date: 30-06-2022
Number of Openings: 1
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected].