Requisition ID: req35165
Job Title: Data Quality Manager
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: London, UK
Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises by providing lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees made to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 28 U.S. cities, serving over 20 million people, the IRC leads the way from harm to home.
This position will sit within the Marketing Technology department, with a dotted line into External Relations. Marketing Technology is responsible for the supporter management platforms (CRM, website, email marketing, donation platforms…) that power the External Relations department. Comprised of Private fundraising, Communications and Advocacy, the External Relations department is at the beginning stages of creating a new radical and ambitious strategy that will enhance IRC’s ability to ‘punch above its weight’ in private income, advocacy and brand awareness, enabling the organization to have the resources needed to continue serving over 20 million people worldwide, shape the humanitarian sector by influencing key policies and reforms and build and grow IRC’s reputation.
Our European headquarters, IRC-UK, were established in London in 1997 to support the organisation’s global activities and particularly to diversify its donor base and be able to better advocate with European policy-makers on behalf of the people we serve. Since its establishment IRC-UK has grown rapidly and is now acknowledged for its high-quality project management, technical expertise in governance and rights and economic recovery, and innovative thinking on early recovery and gender-based violence. IRC-UK comprises approximately 100 staff across five departments.
Job Overview / Summary (What and Why):
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Quality Manager to join a brand new team being created to support the IRC through its digital transformation. That team will also comprise a Business Analyst and a Project Manager, and will collectively be responsible for maintaining institutional knowledge about ER business operations and feeding it into its marketing technology strategy, planning and project delivery.
The Data Quality Manager is primarily responsible for managing institutional knowledge of the External Relations data set and sharing it as needed, notably to power IT projects; for developing our data set by incorporating new data points and/or data sources as needed; for conducting quality assurance and stewardship of data received.
The Data Quality Manager works closely with the Business Analyst to provide ongoing support and training to multiple global teams, helping users to capture and extract high quality information from IRC’s systems. S/he interacts with many stakeholders across the External Relations and Enterprise CRM & Marketing Technology teams, to help strengthen the collaboration between these two departments.
S/he is a dynamic, self-motivated individual with a passion for data and its impact, comprehensive working knowledge of fundraising and marketing operations, and strong experience around the intersection between data, systems architecture, business process and reporting needs.
· Create and maintain technical and user-facing documentation of data points used in External Relations
· Drive data governance portfolio of work for ER and Marketing Technology, within the framework of the wider organisational data governance efforts
· Create protocols to ensure adherence to data quality standards within External Relations
· Establish data requirements for ER/IT projects and input into solution design to ensure data will meet the business needs, in collaboration with the Business Analyst
· Identify and carry out data realignments needed in connection to IT projects and/or organizational changes, in close coordination with the Global Donation Operations and Analytics teams
· Perform daily data quality control, evaluating large datasets of constituent, donation and engagement data, in close collaboration with Global Donations Operations team for financial data
· Determine root cause and business impact for quality issues; design and execute short and long-term solutions, in collaboration with the Business Analyst
· Be the go-to person for External Relations team members for any questions or issues related to data, provide ongoing support and training as needed.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Director, Marketing Technology
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Close collaboration with colleagues in Europe and the US working in the areas of CRM, digital technology, and analytics across External Relations and IT teams.
External: Collaboration with the external vendors
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Preferred: 2+ years of experience as a Data Analyst or equivalent
· Direct experience working with high data volumes for a complex, large (ideally not-for-profit) organization
· Demonstrated aptitude for analyzing and interpreting data and systems
· Demonstrated aptitude for designing data solutions to meet new business needs
· Demonstrated ability to structure information; experience in creating technical and user-facing documentation
· Passion for and commitment to ensure data quality; meticulous attention to detail
· Sound judgment in maintaining confidentiality of donor and key internal business information
· Strong working knowledge of Excel
· Language skills: English (fluent)
· Experience with Salesforce (ideally NPSP); experience with SQL databases a plus
· Extracting and manipulating data from SQL using DBAmp (or similar tool) a plus
· Strong planning and prioritization to meet expected delivery dates and the tasks necessary to achieve objectives
· Demonstrated ability to maintain positive, collaborative, productive relationships with diverse key stakeholders
· Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
· Passion for and commitment to the IRC’s mission
· Non-profit and international humanitarian aid experience a plus
A collegiate environment working collaboratively across External Relations and broader IRC. Strong sense of transparency and accountability to ensure we are doing right by our beneficiaries and donors, exemplifying the IRC Way.
- The post holder will be required to travel to 3-5 times per year for in-person time with team and learning development opportunities.
- Based in the UK with opportunities for flexibility working arrangements.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC-UK strives to be an equal opportunities employer. IRC-UK is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.