Website WWC Global
WWC Global is seeking a Data Scientist supporting the Special Operations Command (SOCOM) vice commander-directed Data Stewardship Program lead by the SOCOM Command Data and Artificial Intelligence Office. The Data Scientist will have skills sets of both of a data analyst and data engineer. This candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining a data pipeline. In addition, the Data Scientist shall understand some of the most challenging processes, technologies, and can leverage a vast array of methodologies in the field, such as data mining, natural language programming, and machine learning. The Data Scientist must have a combination of skills that includes programming, mathematical modeling, statistics, and domain knowledge. They must combine an advanced math and statistics background with programming, domain knowledge, and communication skills to analyze data, create applied mathematical models, and present results in a form useful to the organization. They must also be able to understand and manipulate structured and unstructured large data sets, which requires proficiency in distributed SQL programming, relational and non-relational data queries, general programming languages (such as Python and R,) and machine learning techniques.
- Interpret and analyze data using exploratory mathematic and statistical techniques based on the scientific method.
- Coordinate research and analytic activities utilizing various data points (unstructured and structured) and employ programming to clean, massage, and organize the data.
- Experiment against data points, provide information based on experiment results and provide previously undiscovered solutions to command data challenges.
- Coordinate with Data Engineers to build Data environments providing data identified by other data professionals.
- Apply and develop scientific methodology, statistics and algorithms to discover and frame relevant problems, hypotheses, and opportunities.
- Develop predictive and prescriptive modeling, natural language processing (NLP), Robotic Process Automation (RPA), text mining and processing, clustering, forecasting methods, and other advanced statistical techniques.
- Design and automate processes to facilitate the manipulation and analysis of data. Manage and integrate data across dissimilar data sets. Analyze large-scale structured and unstructured data.
- Use frameworks such as Spark and Hadoop to conduct large-scale data processing. Perform statistical modeling and create data visualizations using products like Tableau, Microsoft Power BI and R Shiny.
- Research, design, and implement algorithms to solve complex problems. Program using R, Python (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas) or similar analytical languages.
- Perform data engineering, data processing and modeling techniques using cloud-based data management, data science, and ML platforms such as Databricks, IBM Cloud Pak, Cloudera, and Snowflake.
- Communicate complex concepts and hypothesis to a non-technical audience through digital storytelling.
Multiple positions may be hired from this announcement. Contingent on contract execution starting on 1 Oct 2022.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone and printers) and /or occasional Loud noise (airfield, large equipment).
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to sit, stand, talk, and hear.
- Employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to operate a computer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 0-20% / Occasional travel.
WWC Global, a Pequot company, is a tribally-owned firm providing management consulting services to U.S. government agencies.
At WWC Global, our employees are the embodiment of our success as a firm. Our team is comprised of a tenacious group of diverse professionals located across the globe. It includes military veterans and spouses of active duty troops, former federal employees, policy experts, academics, attorneys, and technical and business experts, all of whom share a strong work ethic and the skills to succeed in both collaborative and independent environments. WWC Global is invested in the long-term success of both our clients and colleagues for the right reasons. Our dedication to putting good government into practice is underpinned by a merit-based culture that measures success by productivity and credibility.
WWC Global will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants who are unable to utilize our online application system due to a disability. Please send your request to WWC Global HR at [email protected]
WWC Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer – we do not discriminate based on age, race, national or ethnic origin, gender, veterans status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected class. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.
WWC Global’s Affirmative Action Program is available to any employee or applicant for employment for inspection upon request, to the extent required by federal regulations. The Affirmative Action Program can be accessed during normal business hours by making an appointment with WWC Global HR at [email protected]
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field
- The ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Minimum 1 year experience applying data science methods to real-world data problems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using all Microsoft Office applications.
- Outstanding communication skills, influencing abilities, and client focus.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- EO 14042, the vaccine mandate for federal contractors, is enjoined and not currently being enforced. Should enforcement resume, applicants must understand and agree to comply with the order and related guidance.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. WWC Global will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- Current, active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Proficient with one or more programming languages (Java, C++, Python, R, etc.).
- Proficient in Agile Development and Git Operations.
- Experience in coding.
- Experience working with Special Operations.
- Experience working with the Department of Defense.
WWC Global offers a competitive benefits plan including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
Eligibility requirements apply.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.