Website Results for Development (R4D)
Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
Results for Development’s communications team is seeking a new team member with significant expertise in websites and other digital products.
Manage the R4D website and the infrastructure that supports multiple program websites:
- Ensure R4D’s website is aligned with the R4D brand and uses consistent voice and style.
- Oversee full life cycle of website content management — from asset-gathering to production, promotion, maintenance and sunsetting. This will include liaising with other teams throughout the organization.
- Conceive and develop engaging, best-in-class multimedia content modules/user experiences.
- Develop and implement strategies to help R4D meet its goals related to website traffic, visit duration, email sign-ups and bounce rates.
- Track and analyze website traffic trends and use findings to suggest data-driven recommendations to make site improvements, support growth initiatives and measure effectiveness.
- Perform regular A/B testing to optimize performance and user experience.
- Manage the work of third-party vendors, including a web development agency and a technical support (sys/ops) vendor — and others as needed — to ensure that R4D is getting good value for its investments. Propose changes where needed.
- Improve search engine optimization and search engine marketing. Manage R4D’s Google AdWords grant.
- Assist the Chief Communications Officer in formulating the annual budget for web and technical support for R4D’s web infrastructure
- Maintain budget spreadsheets, keep track of invoices, negotiate contracts and enter requests and payments to R4D’s procurement system
- Manage relationships and work with project teams who have websites in the infrastructure and coordinate the drafting of the annual contract for tech support/sys ops where costs are shared between these teams and Communications
Advise other R4D teams on the creation of digital platforms & products:
- Serve as R4D’s digital platform/product expert and offer guidance to internal stakeholders on website strategy, development, best practices and proposed improvements for optimization to drive website goals.
- Liaise between vendors and program staff, as necessary.
- Provide strategic advice about staffing, resources needed, timelines and other elements on proposals that include digital platforms and products.
- Seek opportunities to bill time directly to programs.
Execute R4D’s email marketing program:
- Manage R4D list growth and maintenance.
- Manage all aspects of email marketing, including segmentation, list selection, automations, testing protocol and technical execution.
- Maintain and drive timely execution of the email calendar.
- Collaborate with communications team to develop high-performing content and other creative assets.
- Design, implement and analyze testing strategies for improving email results.
- Analyze and report on email performance, including insights and recommendations for improving results.
- Ensure emails follow industry policies and best practices, including compliance with CAN-SPAM, CASL and GDPR.
- Ensure that R4D’s voice and brand is maintained in all email marketing efforts, while recommending ways to optimize open and click-through rates.
- Continuously strive to be the subject matter expert on email marketing best practices
- Act as managing editor/project manager coordinating the process for email and e-newsletter production with program teams and the Communications team (content submission, setting and adhering to deadlines, copyediting, layout, publishing)
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years working in digital communications and/or marketing with an agency, non-profit or campaign.
- Significant experience building and managing WordPress-driven websites as an administrator or editor.
- Experience with search engine optimization, Google Analytics and generating executive-level reports summarizing key performance indicators.
- Experience with email marketing and list management.
- Experience with HTML, WordPress, email marketing platforms (e.g. MailChimp), Adobe Photoshop and standard content production tools.
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organization, project- and time-management skills.
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter who is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and successfully, many with tight deadlines.
- Team player.
- Interest in international development or progressive causes.
- Design skills and experience are a plus.
- Managing vendors and vendor relationships
- Budgeting and keeping track of financial records in Excel
Results for Development is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering
and nurturing an energetic, collaborative and diverse workforce. R4D provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.