- Full Time
- Geneva, Switzerland
- Dec 1, 2022
Website United Nations Children's Fund
Apply By: 01-12-2022
Local and national authorities have established reception facilities at border crossing points to receive new arrivals and are providing life-saving assistance, including accommodation, food, and other basic needs, as well as onward transport for those moving to urban centers. In the reception centers, information is also provided on the asylum process and temporary protection, as well as on the risks of trafficking. Access to basic rights and services, such as health, has been facilitated. Steps have already been taken to foster protection and inclusion into national systems, such as for health and education. Referral services are being scaled up, focusing especially on case management and protection of unaccompanied children and those evacuated from boarding schools, institutions and other alternative care arrangements, survivors of gender-based violence (GBV), victims of trafficking, persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups
The post supports the efforts to ensure credibility, impartiality, and independence of the evaluation activities in Europe and Central Asia region (ECAR) in relation to the UNICEF’s Ukraine Emergency Response. He/she also facilitates the development and implementation of evaluation workplans in the Regional Office (RO), in each Country Office (CO) engaged in the response and in the neighbouring and surrounding countries receiving the refugees from Ukraine. He/she also supports Refugee Receiving Teams (RRTs) and provides guidance and technical support to them and relevant national government on evaluation and on related matters.
The post supports the RO’s evaluation partnerships, including inter-agency relations within the UN, and collaboration with the regional Office and Headquarters in relation to the Ukraine Emergency Response. The post also supports the coordination of all the evaluation activities taking place in relation to the Ukraine Emergency Response.
The Evaluation Specialist is responsible for the design and effective conduct and uptake of evaluations in accordance with the UNICEF evaluation policy. He/she ensures that the UNEG Norms and Standards for evaluation as well as well UNICEF evaluation coverage benchmarks and quality standards are upheld.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in in social sciences, economics, public policy, statistics, or in research methods is required. A degree or certification/accreditation in Evaluation is a significant advantage.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience in the implementation of equity-focused evaluations and the management of the evaluation function at national and international level. Experience of evaluation in humanitarian settings is required.
- At least 5 years of work experience in middle and or high-income contexts. Familiarity with emergency contexts is an asset.
- Relevant experience in supporting national (government) monitoring and evaluation.
- Familiarity in evaluation design and in conducting evaluations as per UNICEF and UNEG norms and standards for Evaluation in the UN System.
- Considerable experience with data collection and analytical methods used in conducting both ‘up-stream’ evaluations (e.g. focusing on policies, strategies and systems), as well as ‘down-stream’ evaluations (e.g. focusing on delivery of programmes and projects).
- Experience in related evidence functions is an asset, including Social Policy, Public Policy, Quantitative and Qualitative Data Analysis, Research, Programme Audit, and Programme Planning and Monitoring. Experience in these areas cannot be substituted for the Evaluation experience but is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or relevant language skills to perform the post an asset.
Tagged as: Monitoring and Evaluation
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unicef.org.
- Consultant - Baseline/Needs Assessment
- Deputy Director, Languages and Publications, D
- Pakistan’s food and agriculture systems
- Pakistan’s food and agriculture systems
- ENDLINE STUDY AND FINAL EXTERNAL EVALUATION of the…
- UK-PHRST Project Manager
- UNDOC National Project Officer
- PROJECT MANAGER - LEARN
- Columbia College Areas of Study
- Project Coordinator (Integrated project: Grants projects)