Website The Armed Conflict
The Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project (ACLED) is a research project that records, publishes, and analyses disaggregated data on global disorder. The data are publicly available along with information about the project at www.acleddata.com. The data are used for a range of purposes, from academic research on dynamics of conflict to informing diplomatic policy, humanitarian programs, and development work in conflict-affected contexts.
ACLED is recruiting a full-time Executive Assistant to provide high-level administrative support to the CEO & President, the Executive Director, and other senior staff. This position will report to the CEO & President and the Executive Director.
This position is fully remote and can be done from any location with reliable internet service. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working around the GMT+1 time zone. The start date for this position is October 2022. This position is open to nationals of any country. For more information, please review the Applicant FAQs. Please submit your salary range for consideration.
The position will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide high-level administrative support and assistance to the CEO & President, the Executive Director and/or other assigned leadership staff.
- Perform clerical and administrative tasks including drafting correspondence for internal announcements and external communication, board meetings, and other documents for senior staff.
- Prepare and copy edit presentations, agendas, reports, special projects and other documents in support of objectives for the organization.
- Sustain a daily calendar of meetings and events.
- Schedule and attend meetings on behalf of executives, taking notes and recording minutes.
- Work with ACLED’s designated travel agency to support arranging travel and accommodations for executives.
- Handle documentation related to travel, such as reports, receipts, and reimbursement requests.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by executives.
Skills and competencies
ACLED is seeking applicants who have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- At least five years of related experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software with the ability to learn new or updated software.
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter detailing qualifications, experience, and salary requirements.
Further information on the project is available online at acleddata.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are advised to apply early.
To apply for this job please visit acleddata.bamboohr.com.