Summer/Fall: Immediate – December 31, 2022
Internships are full-time (40hrs/week) paid at $16.10 per hour with 3 paid vacation days. Interns are ineligible for any other benefits.
Under the supervision of CNFA’s Executive Assistant, the Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Program intern assists in implementing and monitoring the F2F programs in Southern Africa and Moldova, funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
Shared internship responsibilities:
- Contribute to research, writing, editing, creation of graphic elements and recruiting efforts for proposal development;
- Rotate receptionist duty and provide administrative support to staff as needed; and
- Support the Executive Assistant in keeping the office running smoothly with a variety of office management responsibilities and event planning for CNFA headquarters.
- Attend and participate in CNFA staff meetings related to F2F implementation, program strategy and new project opportunities;
- Review and edit program documents as necessary, including drafting program reports to USAID and reviewing, editing and providing guidance to field offices on program documents;
- Assist in recruiting, briefing, and debriefing of high-quality volunteers to fill F2F yearly quotas;
- Provide support to F2F staff to develop communication materials;(i.e. Facebook posts, blogs, press releases etc.)
- Provide research support for proposal development; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask;
- Administrative background and interest in program management;
- Strong research skills and experience with both qualitative and quantitative analysis; and
- Advanced language skills may also be beneficial.
- Current US work authorization required, as CNFA does not sponsor work visas;
- A college junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student with a minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Demonstrated interest in international development; and
- Prior office experience is desired, travel experience and knowledge of another language is preferred.
CNFA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER It is the policy of CNFA to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, veteran status, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law.
REASONABLE ACCOMODATION & CONTACT INFORMATION CNFA provides a reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact the CNFA Home Office Human Resources Department via email at [email protected] or via phone at 202-296-3920 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job with us.
About the Organization
CNFA is a not-for-profit organization based in Washington, D.C., dedicated to stimulating economic growth in the agricultural sector by nurturing entrepreneurship, private enterprise and market linkages. CNFA specializes in fostering private sector investments in training, new technologies and marketing as a means to increase the overall competitiveness of agricultural value chains, to expand exports, and to develop skills in the rural workforce. CNFA assists smallholders in increasing household-level food security and nutrition through improved agricultural practices, introduction of new varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmer-based organizations (FBOs) and strengthened linkages to markets.