DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 37 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Monitoring and Evaluation; Knowledge Management and Data Analytics; Public Financial Management and Fiscal Sustainability; and Education, Gender, and Youth.
DevTech is seeking a self-starting, energetic Finance/Accounting Associate to review time and expense, enter cash-receipts, generate bills for U.S. government contract types (CPFF, T&M and Fixed Price), and support weekly accounts payable functions.
The Finance/Accounting Associate reports to the Controller and will serve as a key contributor of the corporate accounting general ledger team, supporting monthly close and general accounting processes for the company. Prepare general ledger account reconciliations, journal entries, and fluctuation analyses for key business processes for the firm, including cash, prepaid expenses, and accrued expenses. This position is eligible to telework two days per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare billings and/or invoices
- Process deposits & enter receipts into the system
- Maintain updated hard-copy client files and file numbers
- Run aging of accounts receivable as needed
- Assist in preparation of annual indirect costs submission
- Assist in annual corporate audit by external auditors
- Review travel expense reimbursements
- Maintains files, including general ledger journal vouchers, accounts payable documentation, and other miscellaneous filings.
- Completes special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive and verify invoices for goods and services
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry
- Enter invoices for payment in Deltek,
- Manage the periodic checks run
- Prepare signed checks for distribution or mailing
- Maintain updated vendor files and file numbers in Deltek
- Associate degree and 5 years’ experience, or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 3+ years of experience with government cost accounting using Costpoint
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills; particularly Excel
- Ability to be a team player who can work independently and in a cross-functional environment
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills, including communicating with all levels of staff
- Possession of excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.