Search for Common Ground
Search for Common Ground is an international non profit organization with operations in 30 conflict-affected countries across the globe, and headquarters in the USA and in Belgium. The Belgian entity is an international AISBL with 30 staff based in our Brussels office and 1000 colleagues across the globe, 90% of whom are locals to the places where we implement our peacebuilding work. Search for Common Ground is funded primarily by the European Union, bilateral European Governments (i.e. Belgium, UK, Netherlands, Germany, France, Sweden, etc.).
As per our 2018-2028 strategy, Search for Common Ground is entering its expansion phase and is looking at increasingly influencing policy-makers in Belgium, Europe and across the world to make peacebuilding a credible option. In that context, Search for Common Ground was granted (i) a 5-year advocacy project funded by the Belgian Directorate-General Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid (DGD) and (ii) several projects funded by the European Union. As part of this expansion and new portfolio, Search for Common Ground is looking to strengthen its finance team based in Brussels and providing support for timely planning, reporting, audit, expense managing, sub-granting relating to these contracts and grants.
- Provides accounting, accounts payable, reporting and overall administrative support to the finance team in Brussels on projects funded by the DGD/Belgium, the EU and other bilateral and multilateral European donors.
- Prepares procurement documents, processes payments and assists in other administrative matters in finance, including pertaining to sub-awards to partners.
- Provides support in budget monitoring and ensuring compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- In coordination with the finance team and programs, assists in the pursuit of correct application of Search policies and financial practices.
- Supports projects and statutory reporting and audits.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- High School with Finance / Accounting specialization with minimum 2 years’ relevant experience; or Bachelor in Finance or Accounting.
- Full professional proficiency in French.
- Very good working proficiency in English (C1) both written and oral
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior experience working in similar functions with funding from DGD, EU or other European bilateral governments
- Working Proficiency in Dutch preferred
- Knowledge of Arabic an additional asset.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.