The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF)
Finance Associate, Migration
The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) believes in creating a hemisphere of opportunity, for all. We work across Latin America and the Caribbean to make our region stronger—more healthy, peaceful, just, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable for current and future generations. For nearly 60 years, we have served the most vulnerable communities, investing resources throughout the hemisphere. We partner with and enable civil society, governments, and the private sector for the greater good of the region.
The position: Finance Associate
PADF is looking for an energetic and committed individual to join its headquarters team, working closely with the Finance and Programs teams to assist with financial, accounting, grants, and contracts tasks. PADF is a vibrant organization that allows its staff a hands-on, valuable opportunity to gain exposure in an international development nonprofit organization.
Reporting to the Senior Finance & Grants Manager and working in close coordination with the Finance Coordinator, the Finance Associate will play a contributing role in:
- Reviewing program subgrantee reports and invoices from vendors.
- Reviewing and executing requests for disbursement for project expense needs.
- Reviewing and analyzing project expenses versus actual expenses on a line-by-line and project basis to ensure funding for purchases.
- Processing domestic and international electronic wire transfers.
- Developing and adhering to A/P monthly closing procedures.
- Helping create financial and rules & regulation training content for HQ and field staff.
- reviewing and organizing financial reporting documents to ensure compliance with USG and donor regulations for auditing purposes.
- Assisting with other financial, accounting and operations matters as needed.
- Attention to detail: Diligent with strict attention to detail.
- Effective and clear communication, whether verbally or in writing
- Building and maintaining excellent interpersonal relationships across the organization with colleagues from different levels and backgrounds.
- Analytical thinking: Ability to think clearly and problem-solve.
- Organization: Develops and applies strategies to conduct work in an orderly and effective manner.
- Technology savvy (knowledge and proficiency in systems like Excel and SharePoint are highly desirable).
- Efficiency – Nonprofits operate in a context where it is essential to be able to do more with less while keeping high-quality standards. The Finance Associate must use their own time and resources with the most impact, prioritize and simultaneously handle multiple tasks, and adhere to deadlines.
- Energy, sense of urgency, and passion for social impact – Innate sense of urgency, the drive and perseverance to find opportunities for improvement and get it done. Interest in empowering vulnerable communities in Latin American and the Caribbean and/or nonprofit operations is a plus.
- Discipline – This role will assist with multiple projects and support the needs of HQ and local teams. Having good organizational skills and the ability to work independently without requiring heavy supervision is important to be able to provide adequate assistance in a timely manner.
- Versatility – This position will join a small operations team that oversees a large program portfolio. It is critical for the Finance Associate to be able to adapt to new tasks as required to support different areas of the life of the project and not just finance related activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, international development, or equivalent on-the-job training. Coursework/training to develop knowledge of computer programs.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- At least 1-2 years of related experience desired.
- This position will operate from PADF’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. Applicant must have the ability to legally work in the United States. No relocation expenses will be provided.
More About PADF
PADF is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established by the Organization of American States (OAS) in 1962.
PADF’s core values are “H-E-A-R-T” = Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork.
Diversity. PADF is strong because we are diverse. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. PADF does not discriminate based on ability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity. Our employees include people who are parents and nonparents, the self-taught and university educated, and from a wide span of cultures, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, and perspectives on the world.
PADF is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.