Website World Vision Ethiopia
Food Resource Manager
Food Resource Planning
· Provides necessary information for the preparation of Pipeline Resource Estimated Proposal (PREP), Annual Estimate of Requirement/AER and call forwards, based on the needs;
· Engage on the preparation of the annual operation plan of the program and contribute to timely submission of standardized monthly, quarterly and annual accomplishment reports to NO, CRS, WFP and Support Office;
· Lead and participate in project design, proposal writing, budgeting process and implementation of JEOP and WFP GFD and nutrition projects executed under food resource team;
· Plans carefully the delivery of commodities and ensures that they are delivered on time and at the right place;
· Warehouse Management and Commodity Transportation
· Ensure logistics and transportation process as per the donor requirements and plans carefully the delivery of commodities and ensures that they are delivered on time and at the right place;
· Confirm availability of adequate warehouses in distribution sites and propose improvement areas;
· Checks that available warehouses meet acceptable compliance rate by the donor;
· Ensures that standardized and healthy storage practices are implemented in all projects;
Food Resource Management
· Advisee and provide direction for field team to make adequate preparations to receive commodities;
· Ensures that food commodity delivered is appropriate to the food consumption habit of the target community;
· Follow the adherence of food distribution requirements that mentioned at pre-distribution phase, during distribution and post-distribution phases;
· In cases of shortage or damage advise the team to collect evidences for claim;
· Lodges claims with the concerned parties when commodity loss occurs
Reporting, Accountability and Audits
· Maintain a comprehensive commodity tracking systems so as to ensure that all commodities are properly distributed and accounted for to World Vision Partnership and major donor standards
· Engage in ensuring Commodity Tracking System (CTS) is smoothly operational and its decentralization process and functionality at the respective woredas;
· Assure the preparation of the report Commodity Summary Statement and facilitate to be signed by other counter party for on time posting on Disaster Grant Data Base;
· Ensure that all commodity losses and claims procedures are in accordance with the World Vision Partnership and donor requirements;
· Ensure the loss and claims registers, files are well maintained and checked on a regular basis;
· Maintain inventory control on a monthly basis and ensure that the commodity book balances match with the actual stocks;
· Prepare the program for Internal and external audits and ensure that food programs achieve acceptable audit standards in national, partnership, and USG A-133 Audits.
Monitoring and Compliance Activities
· Lead and support monitoring and compliance team in planning and ensure execution of food resource monitoring and compliance plan for the improvements of operations monitoring and compliance principles, standards and procedures;
· Undertakes visit to all WV warehouses to evaluate commodity-handling, status of the stores, working methods, whether they are in line with the rules and regulations;
· Lead Monitoring and Compliance TWG and participate in different concerned meeting through representing food resource program;
· Ensures food assistance program activities are supervised, monitored in line with the donor guideline;
· Advises concerned project to make necessary corrections;
· Follow up implementation of proposed actions for corrections
Coordination, Correspondence and Networking
· Closely work with donor, project participants and program leadership to improve and enhance Food Assistance operational quality through developing and implementing standard operating procedures;
· Attend Food Assistance Coordination meetings including providing food assistance leadership to Food sector Working Group;
· Work with respective government of Ethiopia offices, communities and implementing partners to build strong community structures to support Food Assistance implementation and accountability;
· Gives an overall leadership to the Food aid monitor under his supervision;
Personnel Management and Team Leadership
· Engage in and ensure that appropriate tools like performance, coaching and mentoring etc are practiced within the department to enhance smooth staff relations and accountability;
· Identifies staff capacity gaps and facilitates capacity building plan;
· Build the capacity of field staff through giving on job training to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of food assistance support in the context of emergency;
· Organize the recruitment of food monitoring, compliance, reporting staff and ensures positive and collaborative working relationships in line with WVE’s Code of Conduct in collaboration with food resource management;
· Establishes regular team meeting to review program progress and facilitate learning
· Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
· Preferred MA/MSc or BA/BSc in Economics, Business Administration, Relief or Disaster Management, Food Security, Project Management or related fields.
· More Than 5 Years of relevant professional experience in relief operation management or food resource management with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing or supervisory level in an INGO.
· Technical Training qualifications required: Food aid management, logistics, and financial management experiences.
· Experience in coordinating USAID funded food resources, Commodity management skills and trainings, logistics and financial management is mandatory.
· Knowledge and Experience of working with Regulation 11
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based with periodic travel to the field
Travel: 30% Domestic.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants must require to apply before the closing date of this announcement Only to the link
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.
Female applicants are highly encouraged
We don’t receive hard copies
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.