Website Oxford HR Consultants
SNV is looking for a Global Sector Head Agri-Food (GSH) to steer the sector, ensuring the development of (new) tools and approaches, monitoring quality of projects being implemented and coordinates positioning of SNV in the sector globally. The GSH manages multi-country PMs and functionally steers the Global Sector Team and Country Sector Leaders in line with global sector strategy in order to improve global sector performance. Works in close collaboration with the Global Sector Team Manager and Country Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Leads the sector by continuously improving and implementing a clear vision and strategy. Underpins SNV strategy and its plans and goals with global sector knowledge and a global sector strategy. Positions SNV and the sector to attain impact which reflects SNV’s aim for development and level of specific sector knowledge. Represents the Sector at relevant external events and in relevant networks. Identifies and acts on external trends and opportunities for investments, aligned to sector strategy, within delegation of the Managing Director.
Builds, maintains and utilises a network with relevant global stakeholders in sector partnerships. Represents SNV and ensures a high level of visibility, actively identifies positioning opportunities in line with the global sector strategy*.* Feeds the Business Development Team with sector information, provides technical guidance and steering to Prospect Teams, conducts quality assurance checks and acts as Technical Lead for key multi-country project proposals within the sector.
Sets global performance standards and benchmarks (in- and external). Together with the Global Sector Manager, ensures global coherence in services/products development and delivery within the sector.
Advisory Services and Project Cycle Management
Provides advice and support to relevant projects and programmes, including backstopping, theory of change etc. Steers and gives direction to Project Managers in the sector to improve overall sector quality.
Knowledge and Innovation
Together with the Global Sector Team Manager develops a vision on knowledge and knowledge development strategy/agenda, stimulates and facilitates the sharing and application of knowledge and innovation within and across countries and Sectors.
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical field.
- Proven track record with over 10 years of experience in the agri-food sector in an international, multi-country context, including advisory work and knowledge development.
- Profound technical knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: agri-food systems, sustainable and resilient food production, agriculture value chain development, integrated landscape management, climate change adaptation, nutrition sensitive value chains, public-private partnerships.
- Excellent track record in technical supervision of projects and project portfolios; Proven ability and experience of mobilising resources from the public and private sector.
- Credible international track record and expertise in designing and implementing programmes.
- Excellent social and networking skills, the ability to engage with governments and the private sector including influencing skills and experience of working effectively in a matrix organisation.
- Strong international networks within the agri-food sector.
- Sound experience within knowledge development, organisational learning and innovation.
- Entrepreneurial, result-oriented and driver for change
- Visionary and able to strategically inspire and energise teams.
- Ability to coach, lead, stimulate, and inspire professionals in a development context.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and French is required.
How to apply
All correspondence, at this stage, should be via Oxford HR.
To apply for this post, please click: https://oxfordhr.co.uk/jobs/global-sector-head-agri-food/
To apply for this job please visit oxfordhr.co.uk.