With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Here’s where you come in:
As the Global Senior Director, you will have the opportunity to make global impact and change in the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL+) sector. You will provide global leadership and overall direction for the MERL+ sector, leveraging both internal and external stakeholders to maximise their contribution to child well-being. This will be done by:
- Leading and managing World Vision (WV)’s monitoring system, research projects, knowledge management and internal and external evaluations.
- Developing MERL policy and multi-year strategies; including the development of the MERL+ strategy for 2023-2028.
- Overseeing WV’s MERL+ work to ensure it reflects the organisational distinctive of Christ-centered, community empowering and child focused in its standards and practices and the highest technical standards are met in its programming.
- Building WV’s reputation within the MERL industry, creating partnerships and innovative approaches.
- Developing and growing WV’s MERL+ community of practice to execute excellence in programming that demonstrates evidence of impact.
- Positioning and branding WV as a leading child-focused organisation and representing WV at high level external boards and advisory councils related to monitoring, evaluation, research, knowledge management and learning.
- Master’s degree, PhD or doctorate level degree preferred, in statistics, data science, international development or related field. Salesforce and Amp Impact experience preferred.
- Subject matter expert in Monitoring and Evaluation, Research and Learning.
- A proven Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning subject matter expert with at least 15 years of experience in qualitative and quantitative research design, data collection, analysis, and reporting in a developing context including sub-Saharan Africa and/or South East Asia.
- Strong experience developing strategy and policy within the International NGO sector or a development agency such as the United Nations.
- Advanced analytical and data analysis skills, experience with a variety of survey tools and industry software and platforms such as SPSS, STATA, SAP, Salesforce and Amp Impact.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and French, Spanish or Arabic preferred.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply online. We will be accepting applications until the right candidate is found.
*Preferred position locations: United Kingdom, Costa Rica, Philippines, United States, Senegal, Kenya
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.