Website Creative Associates International Inc
Creative Associates International Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 30 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
In close coordination with USAID, the program will contribute to the US government efforts to address the root causes of irregular migration from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, including increasing community and institutional resilience.
The Grants Manager will serve as the principal point of contact and manager for grant administration. S/he will be responsible to ensure effective and efficient management of grants administration and to ensure flexible, innovative, and rapid-response mechanisms are designed to target areas and actors defined by program team. S/he will also ensure that the Grant Management and administration function is compliant with Creative and USAID policies and procedures; and will work towards capacity building of the recipients and staff members grants management.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The Grants Manager reports to the Operations Manager (OM).
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the grants management team, serving as a central point of contact for grant implementation and close-out.
- Organize and coordinate grants workflow and associated staff activities.
- Update and maintain grant files in OTI Anywhere, on Creative’s SharePoint, and generate weekly internal grants reports.
- Issue and review information pertaining to grants clearances using the Activity Cycle Flow Chart.
- Ensure quality control, including timeliness, relevance and accuracy of data in Creative’s online grants database.
- Ensure compliance with Creative’s grants policies as detailed in the Field and Grants Manuals.
- Coordinate closely with program staff to ensure timely administration and monitoring of grant agreements.
- Coordinate with finance, procurement, and program staff to facilitate grantee kick-off meetings, monitoring and closeout of grant activities.
- Coordinate closely with procurement and program staff to ensure activity-level spending is on track and provide quality control on any required budget modifications.
- Provide guidance and interpretation for program staff and grantees of Creative’s grants policies and procedures and USG regulation.
- Manage the grants and direct implementation pipeline.
- Manage the financial commitments, spending and obligations of the activities pool and all program fund sources.
- Ensure audit-readiness of all grant files.
- Prepare and deliver training on grants and grants compliance to program staff and recipients.
- Other duties, as required by the COP or OM.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree or professional accounting/financial qualification is required.
- Must have at least 6 years of general work experience and 4+ years of specific experience related to the required position.
- A Bachelor’s degree may be substituted with 2 years of general experience and 1 year of specific experience.
- Prior USAID grants management experience.
- Competent in financial and project management software/applications.
- Demonstrated experience with budget and cost control management.
- Spanish fluency.
- Willingness to travel to domestic locations.
- English language proficiency is highly desired.
- Existing work authorization in Guatemala.
To apply for this job please visit hq-creative.icims.com.