Chemonics International Inc. seeks a Grants and Subcontracts Manager for the five-year, $12.9 million USAID/Tanzania Heshimu Bahari (Respect the Ocean) Activity. This activity will implement a series of interventions that support and strengthen the capacity for biodiversity conservation in a manner that 1) reduces the use of illegal and unsustainable fishing; 2) improves the governance and management of coastal land and seascapes; and 3) improves policy development and capacity to implement policies. These interventions together will help reduce threats to marine and coastal biodiversity in Tanzania.
The Grants and Subcontracts Manager will be responsible for overseeing the administrative, financial management, and accountability requirements associated with the implementation of grants and subcontracts for the activity, including the activity’s grant under contract mechanism, currently valued at $3 million. They will be responsible for overseeing the entire grants lifecycle and help ensure grants are structured to directly contribute to Heshimu Bahari’s impact and promote learning, innovation, investment, and inclusion in marine and coastal biodiversity conservation. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Chemonics is a U.S.-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversees the activity’s grants under contract mechanism and serves as the primary point of contact for grantees, subcontractors, and vendors on administrative, contractual, and financial matters
- Creates and oversee overall policies, practices, and procedures relating to all aspects of the grants lifecycle; creates financial and administrative procedures for monitoring grant expenditures, including appropriate reporting and authority delegation
- Ensures adherence to Branding Implementation and Marking Plan across the grants program
- Works closely with activity leadership and technical specialists to design and implement a grants mechanism that promotes learning, innovation, and inclusion of women and youth
- Ensures that all U.S. Government and contract-specified regulatory requirements for grants and subcontracts, and corporate policies and processes are adhered to
- Leads processes for request for proposals for grants and subcontracts, including their selection, award, implementation, MEL, and closeout
- Maintains complete files of all documentation generated with each grantee, subcontractor, and vendor, including applications, contracts, deliverables, and communications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting, business administration, and/or related field
- Minimum five years’ experience in grants and subcontracts management, including experience administering grants programs exceeding $2 million for donor projects
- Demonstrated experience with USAID rules and regulations related to grants and/or subcontracts management required
- Prior work experience identifying and administering grants for projects related to marine and coastal biodiversity conservation, natural resource management or related field preferred
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to productively interact with a variety of stakeholders, including private sector, NGOs, government, civil society, and research institutions
- Experience working in Tanzania required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Kiswahili preferred
How to apply
Please apply by using this link. Applications must be submitted by October 5, 2022. Early applications strongly encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
To apply for this job please visit app.smartsheet.com.