Website FHI 360
FHI 360 STAFF WORKING IN THE UNITED STATES ARE REQUIRED TO BE FULLY VACCINATED FOR COVID-19, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF PROJECT OR CLIENT THEY SERVE, OR OF THEIR EMPLOYMENT STATUS (FULL/PART-TIME, REMOTE, TELEWORK, OR IN-OFFICE), UNLESS AN ACCOMMODATION APPLIES. FHI 360 COMPLIES WITH FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS WITH REGARD TO ACCOMMODATIONS RELATED TO THIS POLICY. FULL VACCINATION IS CURRENTLY DEFINED AS TWO WEEKS AFTER THE SECOND DOSE IN A TWO-DOSE SERIES, SUCH AS THE PFIZER-BIONTECH OR MODERNA VACCINE, OR TWO WEEKS AFTER A SINGLE-DOSE VACCINE, SUCH AS JOHNSON & JOHNSON’S JANSSEN VACCINE. BOOSTER DOSES ARE NOT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME.
FHI 360 is an international nonprofit working to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We partner with governments, the private sector, and civil society to advance integrated, locally driven solutions for human development.
Our staff of more than 4,000 professionals work in more than 70 countries. Their diverse technical expertise and deep understanding of local conditions provide a 360-degree perspective that allows us to develop customized responses to the toughest human development challenges.
Our Global Health, Population, and Nutrition team combines bottom-up expertise in service delivery strengthening and capacity development with top-down expertise in health system strengthening to provide a 360-degree perspective on how to build strong and resilient health systems that contribute towards universal health coverage. This work is catalyzed by a dedicated Health System Strengthening (HSS) team who combine industry leading experience as practitioners and researchers to provide thought leadership and technical advice to support FHI 360’s hundreds of staff who work on health systems.
The HSS team is seeking qualified applicants for a Health Financing Technical Advisor. The Technical Advisor will be responsible for providing and mobilizing technical assistance to FHI 360’s diverse global health projects, driving thought leadership activities, and contributing to business development activities related to the role area.
FHI 360’s work has a wide variety of health financing and domestic resource mobilization and optimization needs, for example:
- Developing solutions for long term domestic financing of service delivery, for example through fiscal space, costing, and cost-effectiveness analysis, integration of new services into health insurance benefit packages, and building capacity, political support, and the enabling policy environment for sustainability
- Building the capacity of government counterparts in planning, budgeting, and financial management competencies
- Working to increase host government financing for community-based services through social contracting and other funding mechanisms
- Strategic purchasing: using financing mechanisms to align incentives for quality service delivery
- Defining and strengthening financing mechanisms for private provision and mixed health systems
Many of these needs relate to the sustainability and systems integration of FHI 360’s service delivery and health system strengthening work, and this is a core focus of the role. The Technical Advisor will, as an integral part of FHI 360’s HSS team, need to be able to provide thought leadership on how health financing work is situated within a broader vision of health systems strengthening. This includes how health financing contributes to quality and equity of service provision, and system resilience.
The Technical Advisor will be expected to be able to build and manage a network of trusted individual and institutional partners and leverage, expand, and strengthen FHI 360’s internal global network of technical experts.
The Technical Advisor can be based in any country where FHI 360 has an office and will be expected to work closely with the country and regional offices where applicable, whilst supporting projects globally.
- Support projects, partners, and funders to identify appropriate strategies, programs, and workplans to achieve desired objectives
- Provide technical leadership to the design, implementation, oversight and quality assurance of specific projects and activities, ensuring that project implementation adheres to appropriate global strategies and award requirements and remains technically sound
- Develop tools and approaches that can be used consistently across the organization
- Strengthen external partnerships, network with technical experts, and develop, support, and quality assure a roster of individual and institutional experts and partners
- Review, analyze, and evaluate the effectiveness of programs/projects and make recommendations for improvement
- Facilitate technical exchange and cross-fertilization across FHI 360 projects, particularly through supporting regional offices as appropriate
- Support, mentor, and build the capability of others across FHI 360 and our projects
- Grow FHI 360’s reputation as a thought leader in health financing and domestic resource mobilization and optimization, and develop FHI 360’s distinctive positioning in this area
- Represent FHI 360 at professional meetings and conferences, organize scientific events and create other thought leadership outputs and communications
- Contribute to or lead the development of proposals as required and appropriate, including conceptualization of technical strategies and approaches, forming consortia, identifying key personnel
- Proactively develops collaborative relationships with government counterparts, funders, and partner organizations, and seeks out new funding opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree or its international equivalent in Economics, Public Health, Public Policy, International Development, or related field.
- At least 12 years of relevant experience, including demonstrated experience in health financing
- Can demonstrate cutting edge expertise and familiarity with the latest global thinking and evidence
- Can demonstrate previous thought leadership, including developing relevant publications, presentations, reports, and manual/tools
- Experience managing external consultants and partners
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and maintain effective relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in leading relevant business development efforts
- Prior work experience in relevant organizations (such as similar NGOs, development partners or government agencies), and demonstrated ability to succeed in a matrix environment
- Knowledge and experience of working with USAID and other donor-funded programming
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English
- Ability to work independently, under broad direction with considerable latitude for independent action, and manage a high-volume workflow.
- Ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities
- Ability to work well in teams, including negotiation, influencing, and collaboration skills
- Experience coaching and mentoring others, particularly across geographic boundaries
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at a computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to move 5 – 25 lbs.
- 10% – 25%
*Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience sufficient to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job. This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employerwhereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.